Good day today...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good day today...

While my driver Josh was crawling around under a house I got a call from one of my excavators. They are putting in a new turn lane on a busy industrial street in Portland. They found a septic tank. Good news for me. I hurried out there and started pumping. 4,000 gallons later I got it done. It took me a bit as I filled the truck in the middle of the job and had to go dump. So I stopped and dumped the remainder on the way back to the office as it was on the way.

When I got back I had a call for an old couple that we had serviced thier tank and cleaned the inlet line last year. It was backing up again and it sounded like issues beyond the tank by the way he was describing it but he insisted that we snake the line to the tank. OK. Of course that wasn't the problem. Found the D Box and got it uncovered and whadayaknow, it's full of water.

Some fella had installed one run of about 50' of Infiltrator about 5 years ago. It fixed the problem at the time I guess. You could see in the grass where the black water was surfacing and I pointed it out.

As it turns out we pumped the tank so they had a litte usable room. I plugged the drainfield off as best I could so it wouldn't run back. I'll be bringing them a portable toilet tomorow morning and giving them a list of installers to call.

They are going to wind up with a sand filter or ATT unit as the ground water is super high. Fortunately, I believe they have the means to get it done.

All in all it was a profitable day and we've got 3 jobs booked for tomorow and one for thursday!

Sorry for the book long post, I'm just happy to be busy.
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Re: Good day today...

good news indeed Trent! i wish you the best! i could use the good news myself.
    the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

What type of ATT's have been approved for your area?

Any experiences? Good? Bad?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

There are several now.

I service AdvanTex by Orenco. They've been great to work with and the rep is a great guy. Of course they are an Oregon company so working with them is easy. The new version of thier product is going to put them in a better place to compete with Delta and Consolidated. Online monitoring is easy.

Delta Whitwater is getting used some. They do thier own service for the first two years.

Consolidated Enviro-GUARD were getting used but they got a bad rep, by not supporting thier service providers. One of my friendly competitors was servicing some of them. He finally got fed up and dumped them to another provider.

We've also got
        Bio-Microbics
        Bord na Mona
        Jet Inc.
        Norweco

I haven't heard bad or good or really anything about them yet. Hopefully they'll be at our state association meeting next month.

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
          There are several now.

I service AdvanTex by Orenco. They've been great to work with and the rep is a great guy. Of course they are an Oregon company so working with them is easy. The new version of thier product is going to put them in a better place to compete with Delta and Consolidated. Online monitoring is easy.

Delta Whitwater is getting used some. They do thier own service for the first two years.

Consolidated Enviro-GUARD were getting used but they got a bad rep, by not supporting thier service providers. One of my friendly competitors was servicing some of them. He finally got fed up and dumped them to another provider.

We've also got
          Bio-Microbics
          Bord na Mona
          Jet Inc.
          Norweco

I haven't heard bad or good or really anything about them yet. Hopefully they'll be at our state association meeting next month.
          I'm interested in seeing how all these things work and play out-so to speak.

We've been "old school" forever. Rock and pipe lasting 50 years+. Simple.

We worked on/installed a commercial system last year. Computers, floats, tank here, tank there, chlorinator, etc. When it gets out of whack it calls an out of state number, then calls the customer, then they call us. It was a pain to get dialed in and I personally see a flaw in the engineering. (I think. ) Can't recall the system name right now.

But I'm guessing there will be situations encountered where these systems will be the solution.

So much more to learn.

J.C.

Comment

Yeah I'm with you on that. It seems to be the way of the future. We've only got five AdvanTex sights online and two in the works (or so I'm told, one has been on the books for a year now. They had to re-apply for permits).

The best you can do is go to all the classes you can and learn. I first started going to our association meetings ten years ago and my eyes glazed over with all of this talk of things I had no clue about. Ten years later I'm servicing this stuff and understand (sometimes ) the reasons why they are needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
              Some fella had installed one run of about 50' of Infiltrator about 5 years ago.
              From what I've seen, infiltrators just plain don't work, at least not in these soils.
              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

The EZ Flow is alot better product.

The HO said the Infiltrator had been sinking. Not surprising when the ground water is about 6" below surface.

Comment

Another good day today. Between pumping and running to the treatment plant we kept both trucks busy all day!

Comment

Working...
                  X