Online Suppliers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Suppliers?

Do any people have a normal purchase rotation with any online suppliers?

If so, which ones?

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: Online Suppliers?

I used HD supply for alot of stuff on a part-time job I was doing.

They were decent to deal with.

As you might expect, alot of their cheap stuff is cheap for a reason.

-----------

Help me support children’s cancer research CLICK HERE!

Comment

Barnett. I have been buying from them for about five years.

Comment

johnstone and grainger. breid...........

Comment

We use Hodes, they used to have a guy come door to door asking us if we need anything.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          Ron's Facebook
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
            We use Hodes, they used to have a guy come door to door asking us if we need anything.
            I was just looking through Hodes catalog tonight. Prices seem outrageous to me.
            $28.11 for a Studor vent 1-1/2" to 2" I pay less than $15
            50 cents for a toilet shim I pay .25
            $5.03 for Brass Craft R-14
            $4.49 for Brass Craft R-19 Rough brass $3.75 for Chrome plated (less for CP.?)
            These are just a few of the prices. No wonder you guys in IL. charge $160 per hr. I can't afford to buy anything from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Don the plumber View Post
              I was just looking through Hodes catalog tonight. Prices seem outrageous to me.
              $28.11 for a Studor vent 1-1/2" to 2" I pay less than $15
              50 cents for a toilet shim I pay .25
              $5.03 for Brass Craft R-14
              $4.49 for Brass Craft R-19 Rough brass $3.75 for Chrome plated (less for CP.?)
              These are just a few of the prices. No wonder you guys in IL. charge $160 per hr. I can't afford to buy anything from them.
              There prices are inline with what the local supply houese charge. As for a Studor vent I have no idea what a fair price is since they are against code in IL
              Ron's Facebook

Comment

There prices are inline with what the local supply houese charge. As for a Studor vent I have no idea what a fair price is since they are against code in IL
                Are you saying Studor brand is not code, or AAV's period in IL.? If it's AAV's period, then you must go by UPC ?
                50 cents for a toilet shim sounds in line? I pay half that.
                I know this is chicken chit stuff here I'm using for example, but I get way better prices here from my local wholesaler than most of the supplies I use, that they have advertised in current catalog.

Comment

I just do drain cleaning; there's not a lot of matl involved. I use barnett for p-traps and wax rings and toilet bolts and such.
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I get the Hodes catalog sent to me each month. I have to say I have never ordered from them because their prices seem pretty high on the stuff I use.

Comment

All of Illinois does not allow any sort of AAV. We follow Illinois code some of it does not meet the UPC.

The parts I order are the 17 gauge p-traps and clean outs and other items that I find less expensive or a better quality than my local supply houses sell.

Originally posted by Don the plumber View Post
                      Are you saying Studor brand is not code, or AAV's period in IL.? If it's AAV's period, then you must go by UPC ?
                      50 cents for a toilet shim sounds in line? I pay half that.
                      I know this is chicken chit stuff here I'm using for example, but I get way better prices here from my local wholesaler than most of the supplies I use, that they have advertised in current catalog.
                      Ron's Facebook

Comment

On another note, I need to place my annual order for angle stops. Does anyone have a good lead for BrassCraft KT series shut off valves? I usually buy about $4500 worth at a time.

Comment

[QUOTE=SewerRatz;288490]All of Illinois does not allow any sort of AAV. We follow Illinois code some of it does not meet the UPC.

Unbelievable they don't allow AAV's. I only use them when I have too, but I like them cuz I do all repair & remodel, where there are little venting options.
                          Let me ask you this. Mr & Mrs living paycheck to paycheck, call & want a new toilet & lav, or a bar sink, kitchen sink, or laundry tub,installed in the basement, of their elegant, finished off, mortgaged to the hilt, 2 or 3 story home. How you gonna vent it to code, from the basement?

Comment

[QUOTE=Don the plumber;288520]
                            All of Illinois does not allow any sort of AAV. We follow Illinois code some of it does not meet the UPC.

Unbelievable they don't allow AAV's. I only use them when I have too, but I like them cuz I do all repair & remodel, where there are little venting options.
                            Let me ask you this. Mr & Mrs living paycheck to paycheck, call & want a new toilet & lav, or a bar sink, kitchen sink, or laundry tub,installed in the basement, of their elegant, finished off, mortgaged to the hilt, 2 or 3 story home. How you gonna vent it to code, from the basement?
                            We run the vent to an existing vent in the plumbing system. If they really want a new fixture added to their plumbing system it is the only way to do it. Any licensed plumber will explain that to the home owner.

I did a job not to long ago where the home owner hired a handy hack to plumb in a shower in the basement powder room. When she went to sell the home the city came in and inspected the house and noted the shower was installed with out a permit, by an unlicensed individual, and improper venting (AAV) I had to bust out the tile floor they installed to gain access to the shower drain and run a proper vent for it, and the utility sink that they moved. As a plumber you know as well as I do the code is the code. You can not do something that is against your plumbing code just because it will cost more to do it right.
                            Ron's Facebook

Comment

WOW the city Inspects the House !

Here in Fl During the Frenzy people were Buying houses and Hacking them from 2/1's to 3/2's then Re-selling them No permits any Inspections are Private ...

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X