Operator maintenence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Operator maintenence

Well, I skated through again; Just when I was at the breaking point things eased up and we've hade about 5 jobs the last 4 days instead of 25. Got some sleep, then got some more, then got on top of some of the equipment issues.

So, I still need to address it for the long term, but I'm in a better place for the moment. Helps that spring is working it's magic too. We'll go pretty dark for a couple three weeks in late apr/early may so that'll be another lilttle breather before we start digging all the things we found that need to be dug.

It's kind of amazing to me that y'all can get away with not offering emergency service. We've always been 24/7/365. I've felt it was just necessary to offer that if you want them to call you for the less painful ones. I don't think it possible for me to let go of offering that, but I may pump up the after hours pricing to where I'm happier about doing it, and to where I can scare some of the work off until Monday but not lose it altogether.

I may have an opportunity to bring in a right person I know for a couple days a month. I'll have him repair equip and restock spares and parts and straighten the shop up if it works out.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ace Sewer;289276]
      It's kind of amazing to me that y'all can get away with not offering emergency service. We've always been 24/7/365. I've felt it was just necessary to offer that if you want them to call you for the less painful ones. I don't think it possible for me to let go of offering that, but I may pump up the after hours pricing to where I'm happier about doing it, and to where I can scare some of the work off until Monday but not lose it altogether.

Depends on what type of work you specialize in, or do most often too, whether you have to provide emergency service or not. Your title says drain cleaner, so I assume you major in drain cleaning, which I agree would be hard not to provide emergency service.
      For me, I would say less than 10% of my business is sewer cleaning. Everything else is plumbing work, upgrades & remodel, which doesn't require an emergency service, most of the time. Also my good customers, & contractors I work for, have my cell# if they have to get a hold of me. These customers also know that when I am working on their jobs, I will be staying there, & getting the job at hand done, & not running off to emergency calls all the time.

Comment

Yes, all I do is drains. And when their building is flooding from a main line, all they want to know is how quick I can be there. Moday morning won't cut it. Later today won't cut it. Two hours is pushing it.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
        X