Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flux

What brand are you guys using?
    And if you swap for winter, what brand do you swap to?

I generally use No Corode in the summer, but, not in the winter. In the winter I use C-Flux. But it gets nasty during solder. Looking for a good cold weather alternative to it!
    My avatar, is every mans wet dream, don't lie. We all know you ride the bedroom moped

Re: Flux

I like Oatey 5.

Comment

propress requires no flux

is the nokorode a water soluble flux? or is the good stuff that we haven't used in 15+ years

everflux seems to be the flux of choice out here

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

One of my suppliers gave me a sample of flux called Fireeater. I kinda liked it. My biggest problem with the water soluable fluxes is that they burned away far to quickly for my taste. The Fireeater held up under prolonged heating, now I just wish that supplier would get some more.

Comment

Here you go.

http://www.drillspot.com/products/57...eater_flux?s=1

J.C.

Comment

Oatey #5 for me too, in the small 4oz cans, so I get new fresh clean flux, more often. Difference in cost is minimal.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              propress requires no flux

is the nokorode a water soluble flux? or is the good stuff that we haven't used in 15+ years

everflux seems to be the flux of choice out here

rick.

HA!!! You crack me up

BTW - I used to use Otay, then Dutchboy, but I think they went under.......(Dutchboy)
              Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
              New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Oatey for me also dosnt burn out to quickly and dont smoke to bad
                SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

NoKorode makes a cold weather paste flux that is great.

I use it almost exclusively summer and winter, but it does get rather soft when it's hot out.

I haven't used their regular stuff, so i'm not sure how it compares.

Oatey 5 has been my second choice since my first jar of NoKorode.

Comment

Yes Nokorode cold weather (blue lable) it is not water soluble. Good stuff

Comment

In the past I have used cold weather nokorode and yes it stays soft untill the weather gets below 0 even then cold weather nokorode gets hard
                      SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

liquid flux. Forget about the paste. The liquid flux flushes out of the piping system, does not burn, and does not freeze up.
                        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

What is the deal with it bieng water soluable? Is that a code requirement? Or just a longevity one??

I have seen commercial jobs that specified non corrosive, but didn't know there was a difference between water soluble and non. Is that why c flux turns hella black and sets off smoke alarms? so annoying...
                          My avatar, is every mans wet dream, don't lie. We all know you ride the bedroom moped

Comment

don't you guys need to use water soluble flux?

we've had to use it for over 15 years now.

1 of the major reasons why i got into propress.

water soluble flux washes out as soon as there is moisture or vapor from within the line. no flux, no solder, big leak

not a big deal on new work, but a major issue with repair work.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

I'm with you Rick, Propress all the way these days. I use it for all my repairs and re-pipes these days. That or Viega pex.

Comment

Working...
                              X