X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Jetter

I use my KJ 3000 for most jobs. But I had a island kitchen line the other day that I could only clear about 70% of the grease with my cables. I'm thinking of getting a small electric jetter for lines 1 1/2 to 3. Any ideas for one that is small and wont trip breakers and fit under a kitchen sink. Thanks
    You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Re: Electric Jetter

first off the jetter doesn't need to fit under the sink

i would go with a 2 h.p. 1500# 2.1 gpm unit. this will trip a 15 amp breaker under load, but should be fine on a 20 amp breaker. just dial down the pressure if you trip a breaker.

of course a 1.5 h.p is less load, but less volume and pressure too.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, I was telling you about my situation the other day with the eggshells in the line. I need a jetter I could use on kitchen sinks. The problems I have are :

1. I know almost nothing about jetters.

2. Most of the homes in my area are mobile homes. They only have 15 amp circuits.

3. Most of the kitchen sink drain lines are over 45' long and 1 1/2" pipe. Some as long as 90'.

Any ideas on a jetter that would work in my situation? I'd prefer electric, but am open to other ideas. Also, info on what manufacturer or supplier would be helpful.

Comment

Here. Thought about one myself but just haven't had the demand for it yet.

Place has lots of stuff that might interest some. I have no experience buying from them though.

Good Luck.

http://www.shopetsonline.com/VIP-p/mneq-vip211300.htm

J.C.

Comment

I USED TO HAVE ONE THESE AND IT WORKED REALLY GOOD ON SMALL DRAINS INSIDE HOUSES
          AND APTS.
          http://www.mustangunits.com/

JERRYMAC
          E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
          CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
          FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
          SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Originally posted by Nevada plumber View Post
            Rick, I was telling you about my situation the other day with the eggshells in the line. I need a jetter I could use on kitchen sinks. The problems I have are :

1. I know almost nothing about jetters.

2. Most of the homes in my area are mobile homes. They only have 15 amp circuits.

3. Most of the kitchen sink drain lines are over 45' long and 1 1/2" pipe. Some as long as 90'.

Any ideas on a jetter that would work in my situation? I'd prefer electric, but am open to other ideas. Also, info on what manufacturer or supplier would be helpful.
            I used to have a Ridgid Electric Jetter but it 1 tripped a lot of breakers, and 2 didn't really pull and clean in cast Iron 1.5" drains like I wanted. So I bought a very nice 3GPM 2000 psi little hand carry gas unit almost identical to what Ridgid is now selling and it works far better. Granted I set it outside and simply run a pressure hose through a window or door to my jetter reel and footswitch. I know that sometimes in certain jobs the gas just won't work for some people but for me the power is just enough to get the grease gone and pull the length I need.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

i too use a 6.5hp. honda at 2500# 3 gpm and it's small enough to hand load on the truck. no breakers to worry about and with the extra psi and gpm, i get all my 1.5'' and 2'' with some 3'' done. the electric units are limited to 1.5'' and some 2''. problem is always going to be an electrical issue. gas is no problem unless you're in a high rise, then i just set it on the outside patio

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...812#post231812

http://www.pwmall.com/p-139293-13501...lue-clean.aspx#
                This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

i have the 610 and it works ok. nothing like my 5.5 at 4000 to really get the grease going. the ratings are not what they say. using a guage the max i could get is 1.9 gpm. and that is if your connected to an outside hose bib. inside it is more on the 1 gal and slightly more when the well pump comes on 1.3.
                  the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Working...
                  X