Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combined sewer hookups draw attention...finally.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combined sewer hookups draw attention...finally.

I frequently see where handymen, contractors, rooter guys, and homeowners do this. Its usually done when a sump line collapses. Instead of fixing it, they bypass it into the one drain line that works...

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=368113

Re: Combined sewer hookups draw attention...finally.

also downers grove sanitary dist. is going through and lineing everyones sewer and adding a 6" out side C/O as long as they can come in and verify that there sump pump isn't connected to san. sewer .And if it is they will pay to have the plumber disconect it from sewer and splash the sump pump out side all at no cost to customer . They have determined that after all done the saveings in not haveing to treat the added storm water will pay for itself in under 10 years I only Know this because my best freinds father inlaw is on the board and I have two other freinds that had there sewers linde But thats only D.G.S.D. no one else
    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Originally posted by post plumber View Post
      also downers grove sanitary dist. is going through and lineing everyones sewer and adding a 6" out side C/O as long as they can come in and verify that there sump pump isn't connected to san. sewer .And if it is they will pay to have the plumber disconect it from sewer and splash the sump pump out side all at no cost to customer . They have determined that after all done the saveings in not haveing to treat the added storm water will pay for itself in under 10 years I only Know this because my best freinds father inlaw is on the board and I have two other freinds that had there sewers linde But thats only D.G.S.D. no one else
      Man this really rubs me the wrong way. Cities relining home owners sewers, installing clean outs on the home owners property. They are taking work away from us contractors that do that type of work. How do we compete against a city doing this kind of work? Naperville started this crap years ago. Luckily I found out they started it the year I did since I was going to drop 350K on a relining system.

I can see the cities installing a clean out in the parkway, and relining the sewer from the clean out to the stub, but the sewer from the house to the parkway in most cities is considered the home owners responsibility. Some cities and towns will say the whole sewer till the stub is the home owners responsibility even if it goes under the street to the other parkway.

There is villages going around rodding sewers for home owners at a minimal charge. Again how do we compete against this kind of practice?
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

S.F. All street catch basins, home outside area drains, All roof runoff are tied into the waste treatment plant. You will not dump your downspouts on the lawn !
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Sewerratz, we have been dealing with the city jetting sewers for free for 20yrs. If it wasnt for our commercial customers I wouldn''t own sewer equipment. The city goes out 365, 24-7 , even on holidays at no charge.People are not maintaining their sewers, and why should they. So long as you have a C.O. at the house they will jet to the road at no charge. Our beloved city is yelling about losing money,Gee go figure they are bleeding money for this free service and taking $$$$out of our pockets.But I digress, I feel yall's pain, and good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
            Man this really rubs me the wrong way. Cities relining home owners sewers, installing clean outs on the home owners property. They are taking work away from us contractors that do that type of work. How do we compete against a city doing this kind of work? Naperville started this crap years ago. Luckily I found out they started it the year I did since I was going to drop 350K on a relining system.

I can see the cities installing a clean out in the parkway, and relining the sewer from the clean out to the stub, but the sewer from the house to the parkway in most cities is considered the home owners responsibility. Some cities and towns will say the whole sewer till the stub is the home owners responsibility even if it goes under the street to the other parkway.

There is villages going around rodding sewers for home owners at a minimal charge. Again how do we compete against this kind of practice?
            the question for you should be not what tool you own but what dont you own . Man 350 K on relineing system ouch you would have to line a lot of sewers to pay that back if you did buy that or
            SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

Working...
            X