X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threads

I have a 65R-C Ridge pipe threader and in reading the operating instructions they mention Drip Threads what are drip threads and what are they used for? If anyone can help.

aaron159,
    The way it has been explained to me is that when you make a drip thread you intentionally cut the thread on the pipe crooked (the reason for the screw in the jaw of the centering head, to offset the work-piece) With this crooked thread some fall could be placed on the pipe when installed. I am not sure how accurate that is or of it is even applicable any more. That question would best be answered by the plumbers on this forum.

I hope this helps or at least gets you in the right direction to the correct answer.

Comment

adam, interesting concept. i couldn't find the manual on this site. i too own the 65-r threader. doesn't get used except to clean exisiting threads from 1-2''.
      as far as i know, the fittings are tapped at a pitch of 1/4'' per foot. we don't use much of this (durham) anymore.
      where can i find the owners manual. like i said i couldn't get if from this site.

thanks, rick.

Comment

Rick,
        Go to www.ridgidparts.com and type in 65R in the
        Search by Catalog Number.The manual is in pdf form.
        Thanks, Aaron

Comment

Working...
        X