X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Permits Req. In Malibu

On the cliff.No one between house and the surf.Old seventies flat roof.Raised foudation.

Kitchen needs island vent for new location.
    Move master bath 15',reconfigure and add corner jacuzzi.
    Reconfigure laundry add sink.
    Reconfigure B-2.
    Add 2 baths.
    Gas to 2 fireplaces.
    Add fireplace.

Wants the framer to put a Hip roof on it.

Will bring it up to at least a 2.5 million dollar home.

GENERAL CONTRACTOR:
    "We're not going to waste time going with permits on this one"

This can be the biggest job I've had in a few years.

It's kindof out of sight of Pacific Coast Highway traffic,it has a fence and gate

Re: No Permits Req. In Malibu

Why don't you just save yourself some time and mail me your license now. I will tear it up and put it in an envelope and mail it back to CSLB.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Just asking for trouble not geting permit jest to save a couple of $$$ and a few days be carefull
      SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

make sure you get paid in full everyday with cash. set this cash aside so that when the inspector shows up, you'll have plenty of cash to pay him off

the best is when they show up just days before compleation. you know they're watching from the house up the hill and waiting to get the most bang for the buck

adam, the contractor and owner must be nuts

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Do any of the "homeowners" look like they are from 60 minutes or 20/20. RUN fast and don't look back.

Comment

Pass the job up, then wait about 3-4 months and call in the inspectors, all of them.

Send a certified letter to the property owners that I'm doing the best I can to not laugh, during your plight to cut corners.

Signed,

Licensed Plumbing Contractor
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Not worth the risk Adam. Bail on this one.
              www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

This Guy is heading for a heartache, especially now that You told the whole world.

Mon. , I bid on a project that was Red Tagged. No Permit , No License.

Owner { lady} is also learning the hard way!
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

GC says no permits then use a plumber with no license.
                  I know it's hard to pass on a good job in these times Adam but the GC and or Homeowner will be singing a different tune down the road, "Oh I thought the plumber pulled permits?" "It's not my job to know to pull the permits you are the professional" They will throw you under the Bus at the first chance.
                  Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Another thing on this, in Washington now when a house is listed for sale the Real Estate agent consults the tax roles to see if it really is a 3 bath home done with permits or they can't list it as such. This is what I was told a year ago so adding 2 baths that you can't get credit on makes no sense and could be used to talk the GC into going the permit route and you still getting the job.
                    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                      Why don't you just save yourself some time and mail me your license now. I will tear it up and put it in an envelope and mail it back to CSLB.

Mark
                      Always the Giver eh Mark?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                        GC says no permits then use a plumber with no license.
                        I know it's hard to pass on a good job in these times Adam but the GC and or Homeowner will be singing a different tune down the road, "Oh I thought the plumber pulled permits?" "It's not my job to know to pull the permits you are the professional" They will throw you under the Bus at the first chance.
                        YEE-HA!!!
                        You nailed it with the phrase"Thrown under a bus".Buddy said exactly that's what happenned and how he felt.

This was the contractor that kept telling my buddy to just keep working,your check is coming,you don't want to have someone else brought in to finish,I'll make sure you get paid.Then let the 5 investors not pay $20,000.Burned the structural steel contractor for $15,000.

Slammed the door on it after I knocked 20% off the price(for the unlicensed punk to use as base price).

Told Mark and Ricky bout it last night.

Good to have support from those who have integrity.

Hard to be a passive christian,I want to make scum pay...Hard.
                        I've made my mistakes with cash deals,still do.But I still try and support some type of community infrastructure.

Our culture wants the most money/things for nothing.
                        People have TONS of money out here

Comment

STIFFED $20,000 !! He'd wake at 2 AM to Me and My K Bar. Here's Johnny !
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

My Dad was a Drywall contractor I do not know haw many millions of times we sat for hours outside some Bar or GC's home waiting to catch them to get paid, sometimes gun in hand (dad was like that). I said "When I get older I am never doing construction" Well I meant drywall hehe.
                            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                              STIFFED $20,000 !! He'd wake at 2 AM to Me and My K Bar. Here's Johnny !
                              Well,it sounds good anyway

I had a meeting with Guido one time for a $18,000 collection.
                              It makes for a great movie.Big difference when it is you who decides whether or not the former client gets to walk the same if he decides to get stupid.Who's to say if Guido's accomplice is sloppy and non loyal.

Tool,can you lie?

Thank goodness the guy came through.His name was becoming quite foul in the community.
                              And I would not be where I'm at now.

Nuttin' but love Tool
                              ADAM

Comment

Working...
                              X