X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone mark jetter hose?

i remember a post @ using electrical tape to mark jetter hose for footage, but cant find it. is this a common practice or is there other methods of measuring the amount of hose youre using
    thanks

Re: Does anyone mark jetter hose?

mine is orange and takes a sharpie well. I make black marks every 10' and double ones at 100'.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Electrical tape doesn't stay in place very well on the hose I use.

What I do is keep track by arm lengths, and have an old electrical tape marker to mark where I stopped.

If need be, I can measure when I remove it from the pipe, or measure from the back end.

Comment

thanks ace, unfortunately my hose is black. maybe next time " ill get some red hose and ill want it painted black"

u think elect tape will hold up well?

Comment

thanks radar

Comment

i do, and colored electrical tape works good on my hoses. i use the color coding of:

red=10'
            white=20'
            blue=30'
            yellow=40'
            green=50'

then it repeats with 100' a double green stripe.

as long as you catch it before it's torn completely off, it holds up good.

much better than when i would spray paint my drain cables. those were hard to keep painted and even more difficult when they were wet or greasy.

the hose footage marks go hand and hand with my camera inspections and documentations

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

thanks rick, very patriotic - easy to remember- just curios, how many layers thick do you wrap the tape?

Comment

easy to remember and the colored tape comes in a 6 pack. hard to use black on the black hose

i typically wrap 3 or 4 turns and stretch it pretty tight. since the hoses don't rotate and just get a little scuffing when dragged, they tend to hold on pretty good.

easy to reapply by just drying the cable and wrapping it as needed.

i actually bought colored shrink wrap tubing, but never needed it as the tape holds on good enough

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                X