Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bristol Pipe Pvc schedule 40

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bristol Pipe Pvc schedule 40

    Looked at a job today, had entire house piped with pvc Bristol Pipe schedule 40 pvc. Does not say CPVC. Being in Minnesota we can only use CPVC pipe for potable water if using pvc pipe.
    Anyone familiar with this type of pipe? I don't think it's legal to use here being that it's not cpvc pipe. Since we don't have much for irragation piping up here is this what it is, I'm not familiar with this, thanks. Want to give them a quote for a repipe.

  • #2
    Re: Bristol Pipe Pvc schedule 40

    I am not familiar with that manufacturer, but the fact that it is schedule 40 PVC tells you all you need to know. Time to cut it all out and make it right.

    I run into houses fairly often out here that have the cold water line done in PVC and the hot water done in CPVC. 99% of the time, the homeowners get pissed at me when I refuse to touch the cold water side of there piping. The other 1% I make good money from them by replacing it with PEX.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Bristol Pipe Pvc schedule 40

      Originally posted by Nevada plumber View Post
      I am not familiar with that manufacturer, but the fact that it is schedule 40 PVC tells you all you need to know. Time to cut it all out and make it right.

      I run into houses fairly often out here that have the cold water line done in PVC and the hot water done in CPVC. 99% of the time, the homeowners get pissed at me when I refuse to touch the cold water side of there piping. The other 1% I make good money from them by replacing it with PEX.

      Your talking in the house right? Not the main going from the street to the house?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Bristol Pipe Pvc schedule 40

        Thanks, that's what I thought. Don't run into schedule 40 pvc in homes much around here. Did not say CPVC on the pipe, that sent red flags up for me. They are having multiple leak problems from the second floor bath, kitchen ceiling was ripped open when I got there. Also, no primer anywhere to be seen. Time for a repipe job.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Bristol Pipe Pvc schedule 40

          Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
          Your talking in the house right? Not the main going from the street to the house?
          Yeah, in the house for the cold water lines. I still run into it a lot out here.

          I did one about a year ago where they ran PVC for the hot and cold lines under the concrete slab with tees all over the place. The funny thing was when they got above the concrete, they switched to copper.

          I made good money on that one running PEX through the attic and hooking onto the existing copper.

          Comment

          Working...
          X