X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn dog

Got biten yesterday by a nasty little terrier in my Customers back yard. I had to go out there to close a hose bib I had opened to drain the house and on my way back to the house, as soon as I turned my back..CHOMP. Put a nice hole in the back of my calf! I almost kicked the little f#@ker, but stopped myself, putting my hand out in the "halt" position and sternly saying "NO!". The cute little thing immediately went on it's back, which would of made a great stationary target for my right shoe , but I decided to take the high road. The Customer was only moderately concerned which kinda pissed me off. I added $25 bucks to the bill for spite. Never thought it would happen to me! Dang.

Re: Damn dog

Ahh yes,spring is in the air.
    Flowers blooming,birds chirping and mans best friend feeling out there oats.

Our little guy just got out of surgery.Pitbull ripped his throat open,trach and caroted artery exposed under flap.Had to use park and rec(bystander)pruning shears to pry the jaws open to drop our little 14 pounder.Josh asked why I did not use my knife.

I had my guy off lease cause he's balanced.He approached the leashed pit.
    Had he been leashed and the pit attacked.Lord please forgive me as I spill this creature's warm blood.

My girlfriends peers Are out front of the house with torches and pitchforks wanting me to get there name and number to turn in to authorities.

My fault for thinking my dog would forsee a threat and steer clear.

Nothing can trust a happy looking,tail wagging pooch when there is love in the air.

Be carefull out there.
    Animal owners care less than ever,understand less than ever.

25 bucks!!!
    Your a kind and forgiving man.
    I know others that would be sending a doctor bill

Comment

I was bitten once on a job by a grossly overweight pug named Rocky.

The owner was an old lady and she had no control over her dog. Her dog knew it and was very mischievous. While the owner was walking me from bathroom to bathroom complaining about this and that, her dog was attacking my shoelaces and pant leg. It was a game he loved, but it was like walking around with a shackled leg. The lady noticed me falling behind a couple times and would say "Oh Rocky you stop that!" and the dog would just dig in even harder. Dog chilled out after a while and we made friends. He was very curious about all my plumbing supplies and tools and would try to steel things when I wasn't looking. Don't even bother trying to get it out of his mouth or the games begin. The dog was a bit of a terror but I kind of like him anyway.

Next visit a year later, I walk in with the owner and Rocky tears into my shoe laces and pant leg. Then he jumps up and chomps on my hand something fierce. Felt like a mousetrap on the fingers. Dog kept at me and I had to ask the owner to please secure her dog. It seems the additional year of poor control from the owner allowed the dog to become a liability.

Oh well, I've seen it with kids and with dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        Ahh yes,spring is in the air.
        Flowers blooming,birds chirping and mans best friend feeling out there oats.

Our little guy just got out of surgery.Pitbull ripped his throat open,trach and caroted artery exposed under flap.Had to use park and rec(bystander)pruning shears to pry the jaws open to drop our little 14 pounder.Josh asked why I did not use my knife.

I had my guy off lease cause he's balanced.He approached the leashed pit.
        Had he been leashed and the pit attacked.Lord please forgive me as I spill this creature's warm blood.

My girlfriends peers Are out front of the house with torches and pitchforks wanting me to get there name and number to turn in to authorities.

My fault for thinking my dog would forsee a threat and steer clear.

Nothing can trust a happy looking,tail wagging pooch when there is love in the air.

Be carefull out there.
        Animal owners care less than ever,understand less than ever.

25 bucks!!!
        Your a kind and forgiving man.
        I know others that would be sending a doctor bill
        Wow, that sounded like a pretty gnarly incident! I hope he's doing okay.

It seems every other punk teenager dude around here has to have a pit bull because they are tough and cool - kinda gangster like. It's sort of the opposite extreme of the Paris Hilton purse dog craze. Most get abandoned once the kid looses interest. I have seen some sweet pit bulls go bad. Problem is the dog can be lethal for other dogs or people. They are so powerful. I am glad he didn't get a piece of you in the middle of all that.

Comment

I once had a dog bite my kneepad (which was around my ankle at the time) hard enough to leave teethmarks in it.

I'd still rather deal with dogs than half of these stupid people's kids.

"what's the matter with kids these days?"

Comment

Originally posted by JeffH View Post
            Got biten yesterday by a nasty little terrier in my Customers back yard. I had to go out there to close a hose bib I had opened to drain the house and on my way back to the house, as soon as I turned my back..CHOMP. Put a nice hole in the back of my calf! I almost kicked the little f#@ker, but stopped myself, putting my hand out in the "halt" position and sternly saying "NO!". The cute little thing immediately went on it's back, which would of made a great stationary target for my right shoe , but I decided to take the high road. The Customer was only moderately concerned which kinda pissed me off. I added $25 bucks to the bill for spite. Never thought it would happen to me! Dang.
            Moderately concerned??? She should have been overly concerned and apologetic!

B.S. Report and file a complaint to the local authorities. Keep an eye on the bite as well.

When crap like that happens to me, and the owners are more than concerned, I tend to brush it off. But when they could care less??? They need to be taught a lesson.

Just think, if you would have hurt the dog for what it did, she would have tried to have you thrown in jail.

Comment

You guys are way more patient/ nicer than me. Problem pets and rug rat owners get a NICE explanation why its to thier benefit to stay clear. No cooperation c-ya!

Actually don't ever remember having to walk

If a dog bite needs medical attention the customer definitely needs to get the bill. The customer knew the potential problem. I don't believe the dog would randomly just bite, well maybe a smell good plumber

wookie

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernIllinoisPlumber View Post
                Just think, if you would have hurt the dog for what it did, she would have tried to have you thrown in jail.
                Damn Straight!!!!
                Even less faith in my fellow man.

Another member in a previous thread stated something
                to the effect of,"Never turn your back on a unknown dog"

Comment

You Guys show great restraint ! Always study the owner ,before offering a hand to a dog!
                  Gentle folks, Nice doggie.
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                    You Guys show great restraint ! Always study the owner ,before offering a hand to a dog!
                    Gentle folks, Nice doggie.
                    I don't know Tool.
                    Most believe there pooch is Lassie the town hero,wouldn't hurt one of it's fleas.

Comment

I don't worry about most dogs as I can buffalo or talk them down. Shephards, pits, rots. The only dog I don't trust is a Heeler. They know absolutely no fear. You just don't screw with one of those dogs and never ever turn your back on one!
                      www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

It seems the dogs people think are nice and will never attack are their pets.

Remind me of the joke. Trademan asks a person walking a dog if their dog bites. He said nope. Person reaches down and pets the dog and the dog bites him. I thought your dog did not bite. It doesn't, this is not my dog.

Comment

I love the calls where the dog just barksbarksbarksbarksbarksbarksbarksbarksbarksbarks barks at you, and the customer just keep saying "stop it"

Bite me, lick me, annoy me, but for the love of god SHUT THAT DOG THE HELL UP

I have almost had to yell over dogs at my customers trying to explain things. Out of control
                          My avatar, is every mans wet dream, don't lie. We all know you ride the bedroom moped

Comment

Cats don't like Primer.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                              Cats don't like Primer.

J.C.
                              Obviously not until they met you did they know.

Comment

Working...
                              X