Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Who'd a thunk it? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who'd a thunk it?

    Maybe you use them but I didn't even know they made this.

    http://www.wheelerrex.com/catalog/Wh...Catalog_51.htm

    J.C.

  • #2
    Re: Who'd a thunk it?

    I thunked I seen CO2 Bottles hooked up to "Zip Guns" for no-hub

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Who'd a thunk it?

      that's cool!

      Makes me almost wish I installed alot more no-hub.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Who'd a thunk it?

        This looks like an improvement over similar ones I remember from years back. The early ones (don't remember who made them) did not have the "reaction bars" I will call it that takes the reactive torque off the chuck and looks like it would give you better control. I also don't remember the older ones having any provision for adjusting the torque setting and they would easily over-torque and or strip-out the worm drive screw.

        I always liked the Seekonk L shaped torque wrench and also the T-handle which has the slide lock on the shaft. You also need a 5/16 nut driver at times. Carrying all three is lighter and easier than dragging a cordless drill with this adapter on it, and there are no batteries to run down.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Who'd a thunk it?

          Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          Maybe you use them but I didn't even know they made this.

          J.C.
          The only place I'd imagine them would be in Highrise where the apace is wide open.
          Other than that you wouldn't see me lugging that pig around trying negotiating common obstacles associated in our work.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Who'd a thunk it?

            http://www.google.com/products/catal...CAcQ8wIwADgA#p

            Ole faithful. She ain't fast, she ain't expensive. She ain't the most technological advanged thingy there is. But it works.
            My avatar, is every mans wet dream, don't lie. We all know you ride the bedroom moped

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Who'd a thunk it?

              Originally posted by Rohten View Post
              http://www.google.com/products/catal...CAcQ8wIwADgA#p

              Ole faithful. She ain't fast, she ain't expensive. She ain't the most technological advanged thingy there is. But it works.
              I have that exact one. The 5/16" spread on it making it where you have to ram it in or yank it out. Then the collar in the handle the center slides in pulled out.

              I've kind of beat it back together but am looking for one that's actually heavy duty.

              J.C.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Who'd a thunk it?

                Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                I have that exact one. The 5/16" spread on it making it where you have to ram it in or yank it out. Then the collar in the handle the center slides in pulled out.

                I've kind of beat it back together but am looking for one that's actually heavy duty.

                J.C.
                I go the other way.
                I use inexpensive 6in1
                Bits get lost,grab another and go.
                5/16 wears out,no problem,for emergency use only.I use the nut driver when I know I'm gonna need it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Who'd a thunk it?

                  Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                  I go the other way.
                  I use inexpensive 6in1
                  Bits get lost,grab another and go.
                  5/16 wears out,no problem,for emergency use only.I use the nut driver when I know I'm gonna need it.
                  What I started doing too. Just a cheapie from the home center.

                  J.C.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Who'd a thunk it?

                    When I first got into the trade in the late 70's and early 80's in SoCal, powertools of any kind on no hub bands were discouraged by the older union foremen as taking our work away. Nut driver and hand torque wrench only. These days my carpal tunnel hands think differently.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Who'd a thunk it?

                      Originally posted by plumb4life View Post
                      When I first got into the trade in the late 70's and early 80's in SoCal, powertools of any kind on no hub bands were discouraged by the older union foremen as taking our work away. Nut driver and hand torque wrench only. These days my carpal tunnel hands think differently.
                      That is so funny you would say that.
                      When Rohten put up his image of the multi driver for no-hub I wanted to
                      associate it with how the framers union years ago would cut the handle down on the new framing hammers cause they were too long and for many would drive 16 penny sinkers in one swing thereby making them too fast.

                      Too bad union never really got into the "pay per piece" thing.
                      I made a killing at it

                      Then again always someone willing to offer the same piece for cheaper.I couldn't imagine what they are paying workers to plastic waste& pex a house on piece for.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Who'd a thunk it?

                        Wow, union guys sure make the "can't teach an old dog new tricks" come into perspective

                        Where did I leave my reel mower at...
                        My avatar, is every mans wet dream, don't lie. We all know you ride the bedroom moped

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Who'd a thunk it?

                          Originally posted by Rohten View Post
                          Wow, union guys sure make the "can't teach an old dog new tricks" come into perspective

                          Where did I leave my reel mower at...
                          Up until a few years ago in the trades an old timer could lie back on his azz and feel confident saying "old dog old tricks".

                          Now he can feel confident in the fact if he don't get up to speed or out of the way
                          He's gonna end up "Toothless in tent city"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Who'd a thunk it?

                            Originally posted by Rohten View Post
                            Where did I leave my reel mower at...

                            ..... it's in the shed. I use it twice a week all summer long.
                            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X