Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Service Truck Stress

So, I finally decided to go buy a new truck, talk about a stresser

My 2003 1/2 Ton just could not handle the weight of all the tools much longer...

I'm pulling out my hair working out of two trucks since I can only get about 1/2 the tools on the new truck It has not failed that I decided I would not need a particular tool only to need it in the last 48 hours which required an extra trip home...

The solution is a month away, I have ordered a metal canopy top with double doors for the Knapheide service bed that is on this truck.

I gotta say I like driving a 3/4 ton much better...

Re: New Service Truck Stress

Congratulations on your success and new ride. Looks nice. Enjoy it....

....until you need more room in a month.

J.C.

Comment

6.0 or 5.3? And I have to say I don't know if it has a practical use but I like that bull pusher on the front.

J.C.

Comment

I forgot how nice a truck GMC makes.

The front bumper is a beast (It has its own class 4 reciever built into it in case I want to pull 10,000 lbs backwards...lol).

Comment

I love frontside receivers!

Try parking a trailer with it sometime... you'll love it.

Also, a "hitch hauler" on the front can be handy.

A perfect place to store a winch too.... then you can pull from front or back

Comment

Originally posted by radar_40 View Post
            I love frontside receivers!

Try parking a trailer with it sometime... you'll love it.

Also, a "hitch hauler" on the front can be handy.

A perfect place to store a winch too.... then you can pull from front or back
            You could use a "bumper dumper" in the front as well! On a cold day the warmth from the engine would be nice on the deriere!
            www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

My Dodge 3/4 ton Turbodiesel has the Skaug enclosed walk in utility bed with rear barn doors. The best of both worlds. Room and security of a van with outside tool boxes of a truck utility bed.

Comment

Originally posted by plumb4life View Post
                My Dodge 3/4 ton Turbodiesel has the Skaug enclosed walk in utility bed with rear barn doors. The best of both worlds. Room and security of a van with outside tool boxes of a truck utility bed.
                Boy I have not seen a Skaug body in a long while. Once George Skaug pasted away they just weren't the same to visit with. My first plumbing truck was a 1969 Skaug rough-in truck with a full 2"X2" rack including double buckets and a cattle-guard up front.

I've owned a lot of Skaug bodies over the year and they were always top-notch. Brenda use to stop by to pick up parts and George would ask her to watch the phones while he went out to the shop for a minute. Hours later she would have to go looking for him so she could get back to our shop. He was a great guy and is truely missed.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                X