How I sleep at night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How I sleep at night

After new copper is charged,air and flux flushed out, and under pressure, I do this. Give each solder joint a good wrap with the end of My crescent wrench. No one ever taught Me this, makes sense to Me.
    I've heard to many sad stories.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: How I sleep at night

not sure i would approach it with a metal wrench.

if you really want to test it, try flushing it with hot water and then create water hammer with a fast shutting ball valve and cycle it as you're flushing the lines.

the water hammer will create a spike / shock wave 2 to 3 times the working pressure.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I do all the same Tool with the addition of bringing it up to 300 pounds and use a long piece of decent size wood so I don't have to drag a ladder around.

Comment

Originally posted by plumber rick View Post
        not sure i would approach it with a metal wrench.

If you really want to test it, try flushing it with hot water and then create water hammer with a fast shutting ball valve and cycle it as you're flushing the lines.

The water hammer will create a spike / shock wave 2 to 3 times the working pressure.

Rick.
        hammer handle most of the time
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
          i do all the same tool with the addition of bringing it up to 300 pounds and use a long piece of decent size wood so i don't have to drag a ladder around.
          better idea! How do you get 300 psi ? Air ?

Comment

Sounds like another use for the Kenetic Water Ram to me

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post

you can fill the line too be tested with Water and use a hydrostatic pump. or you can charge the line with Nitrogen.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                I do all the same Tool with the addition of bringing it up to 300 pounds and use a long piece of decent size wood so I don't have to drag a ladder around.
                Hardcore!!!

Comment

As I understand and practice it; The standard for hydrostatic testing is 5/3 of service pressure.

So if you expect 100psi on the pipe... About 166psi.

No harm in going higher though.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                    Water first then add a little CO2 spritzer.

It is dangerous so be carefull and warn others working in the vicinity.

Oh,I do this on pipe alone before tub/shower valves installed
                    Last edited by drtyhands; 04-07-2010, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X