Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bidding on Plumbing a House Relocation

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    That doesn't look like a difficult one. Here they would require full tests on the systems so you might want to allow for that because vents & drains can be broken in the wall, same with water pipes, installed valves won't hold the test, toilets have to be pulled & plugged, etc.

Not that bad, just need to think about these things.

J.C.

I need to pull a full size vent off that bath group in the basement (2" carries a max of 10 DFU'S) ...that's the only thing I see is "undetermined" in where it goes.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
      WRONG, Lot of this on Cape Cod years ago. Layed plenty of block under a cribbed home !!
      Sounds like you layed block, you didn't dig & try to run undergound drains, around, or under temp supports.
      The job is a basic house, nothing special, but I still say no way to plumb underground, until all those supports are gone. Or if there is a way, don't seem like it could be cost effective.

Comment

Just got back from looking at the job again, the footers are in place. The one plumber that's in need of work, I told him to just figure on running all the drains, I'll run the water and gas which'll be black iron.

Pretty much set the job up to be just the pipe and fittings guys...the owner supplies all fixtures and faucets, water heater, sewaage ejector pump, we'll handle the rest.

I always liked running water lines in new construction, always thought of it as the better part of the equation.

What's crazy? They are going to set that house down on those green concrete walls within 48 hours of being poured.

The jack gauges are weighing the house at 284,000 pounds.

Comment

Question 8 or 10" pour. Rebar , or not ?
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I just got done with the plumbing and heating on a job that sounds just like this. We repiped everything in it along with a new basement bath also. I enjoyed it and it turned out great. Good luck!

Comment

Question 8 or 10" pour. Rebar , or not ?

8" pour, rebar with keyways in the footer. No rebar uprights in the footer though.

9' walls with quite a bit cut up walls that just isn't a rectangle at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Don the plumber View Post
                Sounds like you layed block, you didn't dig & try to run undergound drains, around, or under temp supports.
                The job is a basic house, nothing special, but I still say no way to plumb underground, until all those supports are gone. Or if there is a way, don't seem like it could be cost effective.
                I can see it

Comment

Originally posted by Birddoggiest View Post
                  I just got done with the plumbing and heating on a job that sounds just like this. We repiped everything in it along with a new basement bath also. I enjoyed it and it turned out great. Good luck!
                  Any chance You could share the Numb$ers ? Might help someone
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Any chance You could share the Numb$ers ? Might help someone
                    Numbers are Nationaly Geographic.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                      Numbers are Nationaly Geographic.
                      They sure are ! Might help someone local to Him. We're all in this togeather.

Comment

12k for the plumbing rough-in only including the sump in the basement. Ther was a total of 4 baths two kitchen sinks and a laundry sink along with the normal stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddoggiest View Post
                          12k for the plumbing rough-in only including the sump in the basement. Ther was a total of 4 baths two kitchen sinks and a laundry sink along with the normal stuff.
                          Thanks for your kindness. I believe this helps Keep prices up for
                          Your trade. Maybe some Younger tradesman starting out will realize His worth!

Comment

What would it be ballpark in your area Tool? I am from Sonoma/ Marin originally.

Comment

I'm waiting for a call from my other two guys to see if they want this job or not.

They was hesitant before they left, mostly about the gradescape and the much needed work in the basement before even doing the 1st rough.

Those are the pictures no one sees right now that I know looks like.

Pretty trashed and they added in footers in places they shouldn't of.

Red flag city <> Not divulging that footers were going right where the bathroom was set to go.

Comment

Originally posted by dunbar plumbing View Post
                                i'm waiting for a call from my other two guys to see if they want this job or not.

They was hesitant before they left, mostly about the gradescape and the much needed work in the basement before even doing the 1st rough.

Those are the pictures no one sees right now that i know looks like.

Pretty trashed and they added in footers in places they shouldn't of.

Red flag city <> not divulging that footers were going right where the bathroom was set to go.
                                who's problem is that??

Comment

Working...
                                X