Rental/Cheap Toilet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rental/Cheap Toilet

why not put in a cadet 3? It's 120 dollars at Lowes and is a better flush IMO than the kohler class 5 and it will wash down the bowl nicely. Make sure to tighten those tank to bowl bolts enough :-D

I put one in at my parent's house a year ago and it hasn't clogged up once in that time.

Comment

For around 120 the Cadet 3 is great and washes out the bowl well where the Kohler is a skidder. I have been setting some Vortens for around 60.00 that flushed great also.

Comment

I second (or third) the American Standard suggestion. They have really turned their company around and are now making the best toilets. Kohler? WAY back in the ratings. Small water pattern, proprietary replacement parts, overpriced. Toto? I used to love them, but now they don't make a 1000-rated toilet. Sure, they LOOK great, but that isn't enough. For right around a hundred, AmStan is the way to go. (I predict that Kohler will have to outsource a toilet so they can at least have ONE that works!)

(Oh, and we're selling lots of the American Standard dual-flush toilets, too. I'll be installing one in my daughter's bathroom this weekend.)

Comment

The Gerber standard toilets are a good beater toilet for the money, I use them here at the school district for the flush tank staff bathrooms. Around $75.00 and American made.

Comment

While the Gerber may be American-made, Gerber is owned by Taiwan-based Globe Union Industries. Toto toilets, many of which are manufactured in Georgia, is yet another foreign company. The bottom line is this: where does the money finally go? If your decision is driven by the location of manufacture, I think you may be missing the whole point behind "buying American." The cold, hard reality is that much of what we buy falls under two headings: made here, but the bucks go off-shore, or made off-shore, with some of the bucks making it back here. (I don't pretend to have the answers, just some of the background info. Don't shoot the messenger!)

Comment

Recommend the Toto Caruso water closet. It is close to the dollars you have suggested and it is easily changed to give more water to carry waste out of a cast iron line.If you have pvc or abs building drain keep it the 1.6. The trap is enlarged allowing any type tp paper .Medications seem not to cause a problem with the flushing. I have two of them in my home,ada in the master and an elongated in the guest bath

Comment

Working...
              X