I need 50 curb wrenches, I think ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need 50 curb wrenches, I think ?

I have an Earthquake Retro Ad. Come home to this message. I need 50 water shut of Keys for Sr. citizens. I have welded up a substantial curb key. In our area,even with this,I need all My strength to shut off water.They want to give these out to senior citizens. We've all seen the Lil useless H.D. pathetic keys. I'd better serve these folks with an accessible 3/4' to 1"
    full port valve. Most older homes here have pretty much frozen gate valves. I can see an 80 year old woman looking through the rubble for a concrete pit cover She can't move ,to get at the valve King Kong couldn't budge! I'll do My best to educate in the Morn. Hey I'm a senior citizen at 67 ,Maybe She'll give Me one!
    Last edited by toolaholic; 04-19-2010, 08:29 PM.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: I need 50 curb wrenches, I think ?

tool, the city of la, dwp has been upgrading the water meters and have been installing the newer style curb cocks that are ball valve style.

talk to your water supplier for help.

in santa monica, we can't touch the water meter or stop

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Most municipalities have a "you broke it, you bought it" policy. If you really are going to do this make sure you exercise the valve for them before an emergency.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Both good advice , thanks . I will set up a meeting with this woman. I will ask Her to pull the concrete rectangular cover , and using a standard curb key rotate the valve. Of course,I'll step in and help. I may find a local plumber to change out home gate valves at a fair price
        for them. I can't under the 3 trade rule. I won't be charging for My end. It always seems to come back, one way or another. On remodels,I have had P.G.+E change out many gas valves that were to hard to shut off, same with water. We are allowed to operate curb boxes
        for each home. Will vall water co. today for advice.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Well Fergy gave Me a fair price for real ones. She went with the box store Lil wire ones.
          I talked with Her about the real world of old water valves , and wedged in ,concrete covers.
          Got Her attention,at least! She just said " oh my!"

Comment

The reality of this is they'll probably not get used even in an emergency situation. A few of them will attempt it out of sense of duty, but the rest of them will either forget or be too concerned with other things.
            www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

I'll try to set up a lesson for them some Sat.

Comment

Working...
              X