X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Kohler one piece toilets

I need to find replacement parts for a K-3385( brass guts) and a K-3402(plastic guts),probably installed late 70's early 80's,looking for complete guts.80 year old lady in the house with no money,so replacing the toilets is out of the equation.Anybody have a recommendation on a source or brand of "inexpensive"replacement parts that I can save her a few bucks on.I may even eat some of the labor on this if I can find the parts for her.
    Steve in the trade since 73 doing new residential/Commercial work

Re: Old Kohler one piece toilets

can you post the photo or cut sheet or link?

rick.

http://www.plumbingsupply.com/kohler...-rochelle.html k-3385 cut sheet.

http://www.plumbingsupply.com/kohler...ts-rialto.html k-3402 cut sheet.

both use the same ballcock and flush valve.

i have plenty of the brass ballcocks. as long as the diverter valve is still good.

the complete ballcock assembly with the flush valve is under $100. changed close to 100 of these as the plastic ballcock cap was an issue and break along with the undersized overflow opening. the new units address these issues. kohler was sued big time at 1 of my 29 story condo projects over these defects. call them and explain the problem. maybe they will supply the parts under warranty as the old originals were a disaster waiting to happen.
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 04-25-2010, 10:52 AM.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Kohler makes a universal rebuild kit that fits a dozen different one piece water closets. I can post the part # on Monday.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Will the 1B1X replacement parts work in both of these toilets reguardless of the age of the toilets? She said the 3402 hasn't had water in it in years( the bracket for the float is snapped off,just the brass pin remaining and the ballcock leaks like a sieve) Rick you're 2000 miles away with the brass ballcocks,tyrying to find something local and get the repairs done early in the week.
        Last edited by leakfree; 04-25-2010, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by leakfree View Post
          Will the 1B1X replacement parts work in both of these toilets reguardless of the age of the toilets?
          That sounds like the one. My brother is the one piece water closet guru. I give him a call now to see if he recalls what the part # was.

Comment

Will the 1B1X replacement parts work in both of these toilets reguardless of the age of the toilets? Rick your 2000 miles away with the brass ballcockstyrying to find something local and get the repairs done early in the week.
            the proper 1b1x ballcock uses the diverter valve assembly to properly flush these 1 pc. toilets. without the diverter valve the toilet will have a very poor sluggish flush. or they will waste a lot of water in the refilling of the bowl.

go to my links and they have the complete ballcock and flush valve assembly for $96.00

it's cheaper at your supply house, but the link has the part # and good photos if you click on the blue part #.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Just got off the phone with my brother the part # is 84499 it fits six different types of one piece water closets. Its a conversion kit, it comes with the ballcock and the flush valve, it uses the three mounting bolts with cams that mount under the porcelain.

Attached Files
              Last edited by SewerRatz; 04-25-2010, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Thanks guys,I'll see what I can find Monday(shop I work for doesn't like selling the employes parts for side jobs,even thou it's a res. job and they only do comm. work).

Comment

Thanks guys,I'll see what I can find Monday(shop I work for doesn't like selling the employes parts for side jobs,even thou it's a res. job and they only do comm. work).
                  I think Wagner supply has them, if not try W F Meyer Company, as a last resort Ferguson, call the Addison warehouse and ask for Raoul.

Comment

Ferguson seems a little pricey most times,I'm going to try Crawford in Itasca first and Meyer I've got to go to Elgin or Lombard,I'm in Schaumburg.Where is Wagner at?

Comment

Ferguson seems a little pricey most times,I'm going to try Crawford in Itasca first and Meyer I've got to go to Elgin or Lombard,I'm in Schaumburg.Where is Wagner at?

Michael Wagner & Sons
                      2321 Foster Ave
                      Wheeling, IL 60090
                      847-398-5308

Sometimes I find Meyers cheaper than Ferguson and other times its the other way around. Like power vent water heaters Ferguson is $300 bucks cheaper than Meyers for me. But I found it never hurts to know to many plumbing supplies in our area especially doing service work, when you need the part now not in 2 to 3 weeks.

Comment

So Kohler is making the complete rebuild kit again, Nice. There was a time a few years ago, where that kit was on backorder for quite a few months.
                        Just have not needed that rebuild kit since.

Comment

Dang a New 1.6 Gerber is not that much more !

I have a Rialto at my office the conversion kit was on sale for $65.00 :-)

Is a Rialto a 1.6 ? I don't think it is

Dave

Comment

Working...
                          X