Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBB Better Buss. Bureau $500.00 per Year ????

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BBB Better Buss. Bureau $500.00 per Year ????

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    that's the punch line they always use on me when they use to call. "we have potential customers that are inquiring about your company"

really, name just 1 and i'll give you the $500.00.

of course they never did and at that point i told them if they ever called again, i'll turn them into the p.u.c. for calling me on the do not call list.

that was a few years ago, so i guess it worked

at least with angies list, i don't feel like they're trying to con me into giving them money. i just tell them i don't work for complete strangers. they still call a few times a year.

rick.

I agree, they'll do that, but I have customers that tell me they checked me out before calling me for service. Plus, I got a credit card auth. # to prove it worked today! Shame on me though, I have no desire to ever work for this customer again.

Too difficult to deal with, I hated the experience completely.

I'd say in CA with that system I'm sure it doesn't hold the same weight as it does out in this area.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
      I agree, they'll do that, but I have customers that tell me they checked me out before calling me for service. Plus, I got a credit card auth. # to prove it worked today! Shame on me though, I have no desire to ever work for this customer again.

Too difficult to deal with, I hated the experience completely.

I'd say in CA with that system I'm sure it doesn't hold the same weight as it does out in this area.
      Exactly my point, these people that check out the BBB for a $238.00 job, are going to be a PITA. Why do you think they don't have a regular plumber already? Because all their plumbers they had in the past, did the same thing you just said, they aint never going back.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        that's the punch line they always use on me when they use to call. "we have potential customers that are inquiring about your company"

really, name just 1 and i'll give you the $500.00

rick.

they use this trick on me too. i said the same thing. i said ok if you give me the name and number and if it turns into a call i'll join. there response i'm sorry we can't do that because your not a member.

one time they called me and said 3 people were inquirring about me that day and they would like to recomend me but if i don't join i can't get there info.

there on the news here all the time. telling people to only call people that are part of the BBB.

i was a chamber member for 6 years and this year i said no. for my dues i recieved no calls. they told me inquieres for all area business are really high yada yada...... and i was the only memeber of what i do.
        the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

We signed up for free two weeks ago.
          I stand corrected. I went through the entire sign up for a contractor. They do however try to steer you to their advertising program which I wasn't interested in, but if you keep an A or B rating they will take your money to advertise on their site.
          Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

So, it is advertising like any other, no?

If you feel like it, you try it out and try to track it and see if it works. If you've got all the work you want, why bother.

If you want to advertise, and you can get past the bad flavor that they purport to be some kind of club of good people when they are just advertising, $500 isn't much to try out an ad.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I was a member of the BBB years ago. I found out how much good they weren't doing for me. You can't advertise with the BBB as far as I know. I was talking about Angies list in my last post. They were the ones who wanted me to advertise with them. I'll pass on that!

What I was referring to on standing corrected was that I thought Angies list required a fee for contractors to sign up. I was wrrr. wrrr... wrrr... wrong. There I said it! They do allow you to sign up for free, then they push for you to advertise with them. That to me is rather counter productive on their part, but then, it's all about the money.

Comment

Attached Files
                Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

The BBB guy called me today and told me its 350 for the year.

Comment

The BBB knew I had been issued a plumbing contractors license before I even knew it.

I had taken my license exam and was waiting to hear if I had passed and to be issued the license. I got 3 calls from the BBB out of the blue one day saying how people were inquiring about me, but they didn't have any information to give these people and that I should sign up with them.

What actually happened is that my name showed as a new licensee - however they got it. I had 3 different BBB representatives calling me from different regions. Each told me how the other was not the correct terminal to sign up with.

So there I was, elated to sort of backwards figure out that I had actually gotten licensed and meanwhile was getting worked by 3 different BBB telemarketers. I resisted and was able to finally get them to stop calling.

The BBB is just another form of advertisement I suppose. My thought is: Do I really need another monkey on my back?

To this day (5 years later), I have never had a need for their dispute/legal services that they promote. The BBB is "make believe" protection for the ultra-super cautious customer who imo lives in constant fear of being ripped off because they are probably quite shrewd themselves.

I would never think to check with the BBB before hiring anyone to work on my home.

1-800-Dentist anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Dakota View Post
                      The BBB knew I had been issued a plumbing contractors license before I even knew it.

I had taken my license exam and was waiting to hear if I had passed and to be issued the license. I got 3 calls from the BBB out of the blue one day saying how people were inquiring about me, but they didn't have any information to give these people and that I should sign up with them.

What actually happened is that my name showed as a new licensee - however they got it. I had 3 different BBB representatives calling me from different regions. Each told me how the other was not the correct terminal to sign up with.

So there I was, elated to sort of backwards figure out that I had actually gotten licensed and meanwhile was getting worked by 3 different BBB telemarketers. I resisted and was able to finally get them to stop calling.

The BBB is just another form of advertisement I suppose. My thought is: Do I really need another monkey on my back?

To this day (5 years later), I have never had a need for their dispute/legal services that they promote. The BBB is "make believe" protection for the ultra-super cautious customer who imo lives in constant fear of being ripped off because they are probably quite shrewd themselves.

I would never think to check with the BBB before hiring anyone to work on my home.

1-800-Dentist anyone?
                      So there you have it! The BBB wants to highly recommend a guy they know nothing about, and just got his license. What a scam. Who can I call to turn in a complaint about the BBB?
                      I'll bet they would recommend the the new licensee, over the 25yr Sewer Rat too.

Comment

Who can I call to turn in a complaint about the BBB?
                        I would turn them into Angies list!

Comment

glad to see i'm not the only one that's figured them out as being a scam.

now if it was consumer reports, i would feel much better about their recommendations.

the bbb is just another telemarketer that looks out for themselves and not us. i really hope they read this and have the guts to respond to all of us who have had similar feelings and experiences with them.

but then again i doubt they want to expose themselves for who they really are

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                          X