Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

BBB Better Buss. Bureau $500.00 per Year ????

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBB Better Buss. Bureau $500.00 per Year ????

In Your opinion,Is it worth it? Never joined, We have plenty of work. Thanks Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: BBB Better Buss. Bureau $500.00 per Year ????

tool, we've discussed it in the past.

as far as i'm concerned they're just another telemarketer selling you a bunch of lies.

they use to call me a couple times a year to bs me. when i called their bluff is the day they took me off their list.

they need your money, you don't need them

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Angies list is free for the business for a basic listing.
      www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

We have been a member since 1985, it does help people that are a bit nervous about calling a company. Thing is you do not have to be a member for someone to file a complaint with the BBB, and the BBB will still contact you and hear your side of the story, then try to work things out between you and the customer.

So being a member is not going to help you with the complaints if you get any. But the only way you can be a member and stay a member is if you do get complaints you handle them in a timely manor, that is satisfactory to the BBB. So when a customer sees you displaying that you are a member of the BBB it eases their mind knowing that you are an established company and that you follow the guidelines and rules of the BBB.

So is it worth 500 a year? We get a handful of customers that tell us they got our # off the BBB website. So it has paid for itself each year.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I'm with Rick,

They are there for the money. Angies list, I just saw another spam email from them the other day. For a low discounted price of $30.00 I can be a member. They want your money too. You can't just sign up for free.
          Here is their latest ad:
          Attached Files
          Last edited by speedbump; 04-28-2010, 10:22 AM.
          Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

Originally posted by speedbump View Post
            I'm with Rick,

They are there for the money. Angies list, I just saw another spam email from them the other day. For a low discounted price of $30.00 I can be a member. They want your money too. You can't just sign up for free.
            Here is their latest ad:

We signed up for free two weeks ago.
            www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Just like Rick said, all they are is another telemarketer. I have asked atleast 10 times, to whoever calls me from the BBB to put me on the do not call list, they never do.
              Ok, what do they do, ask you a few questions, & your in, right after they take your $500. They don't know squat about your business, or any other. They can't legitimately recommend a contractor, give me a break.Some person sitting in an office,that knows ziltch about plumbing, is going to figure out if your plumbing co. is good, or bad, by the info you provide them, what a joke!
              When they call here, they leave a message that says, "this is Jane Doe from Better Business Bureau, will the owner of the business please call me as soon as possible" like it's really important. Especially ticks me off cuz my voice mail clearly states, to please leave a detailed message.

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
                We signed up for free two weeks ago.
                Originally posted by speedbump View Post
                I'm with Rick,

Here is their latest ad:
                It's free for businesses to join and get their business listed and manage their listing.

There is an annual fee for consumers to join and see the listings.

I don't think that you get to read reviews of other businesses unless you sign up as a consumer.

Angie's list is very popular in Chicago.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  tool, we've discussed it in the past.

as far as i'm concerned they're just another telemarketer selling you a bunch of lies.

they use to call me a couple times a year to bs me. when i called their bluff is the day they took me off their list.

they need your money, you don't need them

rick.
                  It all depends on your business model

I can see where for a 1 man operation that has an advertising budget of $0, it would not be worth the money. I also don't know how strong BBB is in LA. However, my experience tells me that consumers over 40 are much more likely to consider the BBB as a source or reference when looking for a contractor. It can also serve as a way for contractors to prove credibility to potential customers beyond PHCC or other local trade organizations.

If you have a strong customer base and have strong referral rates, then you probably don't even need to consider the BBB. If you run an ad in the yellow pages, and rely on that to drive sales then the BBB can be a great extra image to use in your ad or on your website. If you used to have great referrals, but your customer base is shrinking due to moving, age, etc. and you need to search out new customers, the BBB can be a good partner to consider.

If you don't do good enough work to get referrals without the BBB, then the BBB is not going to help you get more!

I would say that most plumbers who are BBB members in Chicago are residential service shops.

Comment

The BBB is akin to a schoolyard bully taking your lunch money....

The Mob getting you to pay them protection money.........

Just a bunch of weasels.

Some people assume the BBB part of the government/consumer affairs/official stuff but they're just a bunch of sleazym private company money grabbers who think their sticker on your business door means something.

Only good thing about the BBB is that it helps identify idiots you don't want to do business in the first place.

Anybody potential customer who tells me they check businesses out through the BBB is, in my opinion, a douchebag I don't want to deal with.
                    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Thank You one and All. I passed! $500.00 will buy a lot of nice meals out with My Bride !
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

One call just today made $238.38 in earnings because the woman said "You're about the only plumber with an A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau."

They send me a list of inquiries per month...averages around 25-30. I'm sure not all that use me always tell me I was checked out before hiring.

I have to operate and show that I'm above the competition, always.
                        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                          Thank You one and All. I passed! $500.00 will buy a lot of nice meals out with My Bride !
                          and a few steaks for your buddy

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
                            One call just today made $238.38 in earnings because the woman said "You're about the only plumber with an A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau."

They send me a list of inquiries per month...averages around 25-30. I'm sure not all that use me always tell me I was checked out before hiring.

I have to operate and show that I'm above the competition, always.
                            that's the punch line they always use on me when they use to call. "we have potential customers that are inquiring about your company"

really, name just 1 and i'll give you the $500.00.

of course they never did and at that point i told them if they ever called again, i'll turn them into the p.u.c. for calling me on the do not call list.

that was a few years ago, so i guess it worked

at least with angies list, i don't feel like they're trying to con me into giving them money. i just tell them i don't work for complete strangers. they still call a few times a year.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

BBB here is only $300.00 per year. Totally worth it. I just need 1 to 2 customers from it to get my money back. People mention it often.

Lenny

Pronounced A-Bear Drain Care

I know, it doesn't make sense.

http://www.hebertdraincare.com

Comment

Working...
                              X