X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• telemarketing

Is there any bigger, more obvious lie than 'This is an important call for the business owner'?

It feels like I'm getting way more of these since the sub-prime/financial sector/general economy meltdown. I find it disheartening that, when the going gets tough, the leeches and scammers attempt to suck off ever smaller prey rather than giving up and turning to productive work.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: telemarketing

"The check's in the mail."

Yeah. "Please hold for an important message..." Does ANYONE hold? They lost me at "Please." You're right: I think the telemarketing will only increase in the coming months. I may take a few years off.

Comment

Every now and then somebody must be dumb enough to do it. If no one did it wouldn't be profitable for them to continue.
      www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

I used to keep a air horn by the phone for when telemarketers would call. Don't know that it cut down on the amount of marketing calls I received, but it was fun!

Comment

i turn the tables on them and try to sell them plumbing products

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

This guy decided to have some fun and make a career of getting revenge on the Telemarketers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s898w...eature=related

J.C.

Comment

THAT"S HILARIOUS!

I don't think I could pull it off without laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                This guy decided to have some fun and make a career of getting revenge on the Telemarketers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s898w...eature=related

J.C.
                Where the hell do you get these gems from do troll U tube all day and night

Tony

Comment

It's hilarious stuff... I've heard it before.

he had a great one where a carpet cleaning company called offering some bs 'deal', and he's all 'no, I'm very busy right now... wait!, wait!... can you get blood out? 'cause there's a LOT of blood... can you do drapes too? how about furniture?' the telemarketer sent the cops, and one cop was like, pissed at having his time wasted, and the other was pising himself laughing.
                  This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Sewer View Post
                    It's hilarious stuff... I've heard it before.

he had a great one where a carpet cleaning company called offering some bs 'deal', and he's all 'no, I'm very busy right now... wait!, wait!... can you get blood out? 'cause there's a LOT of blood... can you do drapes too? how about furniture?' the telemarketer sent the cops, and one cop was like, pissed at having his time wasted, and the other was pising himself laughing.
                    I heard that one and about pissed MYSELF laughing! That guy is quick witted!
                    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

I have a very simple way to handle those telemarketers...

I let them finish their opening rant as the longer they are
                      the telephone with me the less time they have to call someone else.

I simply ask
                      "Are you naked like me right now? I really like your voice"!!!

Immediately THEY hang up!

Even with that dumb don't call program I still get tons of calls.

Especially from politicians and charities looking for money...they are not blocked. I love the ones that claim "their truck is in the neighborhood" I then tell them to hold on I'll go outside and flag them down...after a while my phone is dead and I hang up.

finally, many local cold calls are not blocked and I know what they are as they never pronounce my name correctly, for them I simply say "oh he's dead " again a quick hang up

Cactus Man

Comment

Working...
                      X