X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Standard Toilets & Faucets ?

Thinking about selling the american standard toilet and faucet lines I have not dealt with the new toilets that they make but I have heard they are pretty good.I have installed one of the new single handle lavs with the speed connect it went in pretty quick and the pop up was plastic I was a little leery when I pulled it out of the box but it went in with no problems and it is in my neighbors house and they tell me it works great. what is your experience with their products?

Re: American Standard Toilets & Faucets ?

In my opinion, AmStan has become the company to beat in the mid-level toilet and faucet market. Kohler spent WAY too much on marketing and now have NO toilet worth installing. Toto, too. I used to go completely Kohler or Toto, now I wouldn't think of installing anything but American Standard, that's how good they are. (I think Kohler may have to outsource a toilet just to have one that REALLY works.)

Before I get flamed, I know that Kohler sends you guys to their posh golf course, they buy you dinners, they have the glossy brochures and TV ads. Sure, that's great. Their flushes don't flush. THAT is what matters.

Comment

My only experience with AS has been the Champ 4 toilet we installed last fall. It went into a bathroom that had historically clogged several times per week due to some St. Bernard size solids. The Champ 4 was just the ticket for that application....it flushes like a dream, and handles big solids better than our toilet with the pressure assist system.

Comment

their cadet 3 toilet is probably the only toilet i confidently advise my customers to install. has a 1000 map rating and flushes great. I used to feel the same about the toto drake, but their new models are only a 600 map rating and do not flush as well anynore.

Comment

Toilet Good.

Faucet Garbage.

Ugh.

J.C.

Comment

After all the attempts they had with trying to fix the Champion problems I know I'll never again use another American Standard toilet, EVER. I've ripped out every one I've ever installed to date. Pure garbage.

I sell one brand, Gerber. The Viper and the Avalanche are my best selling, best flushing toilets. In my opinion there isn't a better flushing gravity toilet on the market than the Avalanche.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
              After all the attempts they had with trying to fix the Champion problems I know I'll never again use another American Standard toilet, EVER. I've ripped out every one I've ever installed to date. Pure garbage.

I sell one brand, Gerber. The Viper and the Avalanche are my best selling, best flushing toilets. In my opinion there isn't a better flushing gravity toilet on the market than the Avalanche.
              The ones just before the current ones I thought were more problematic also. You had to almost break the tank to get it to quit rocking.

The few (very few) current ones I've installed have been good in my opinion as far as this type toilet goes.

No Gerber here.

J.C.

Comment

i actually like the new champion. the old flush tower was a problem, but the new flush valve/ flapper is fine.

gerber is not out here either.

most of my customers like the comfort height toilets. that extra 1.5-2'' is a blessing.

use to use a lot of a/s faucets. the real nice ones were made in germany.

kohler is junk. what kohler needs is some forum plumbers to straighten them out.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

I had to retro fit the 1st generation champ4 with the new 4" flush valve and the process went smooth and the new valve work perfect never had to go back! I used one of them when the wife and I went to Cancun and I tried to clog it up and it handled every thing fine.

Comment

I've had great success with both the Cadet 3 and the Champion. Put a little teflon dope on the Cadet's spud gasket and it won't be so hard to tighten down.

A.S faucets are junk IMO.

Comment

fast cars danger fire and ice...

Comment

Originally posted by 420paul View Post
                        I've had great success with both the Cadet 3 and the Champion. Put a little teflon dope on the Cadet's spud gasket and it won't be so hard to tighten down.

A.S faucets are junk IMO.
                        WTH?!?!

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                          WTH?!?!

J.C.
                          I don't understand what you don't understand .

Comment

Working...
                          X