No announcement yet.

I give up. whats wrong in this picture?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I give up. whats wrong in this picture?

Alright, someone posted this awhile back in strokefires thread, FrankenPlumbing. Is the fact that the trap arm goes into a 45 * before dumping into a wye what makes this ill legal or the trap adapter used in the horizontal application?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Aaron91; 05-08-2010, 02:29 PM.
    Proud To Be Union!!

Re: I give up. whats wrong in this picture?

Originally posted by Aaron91 View Post
    Alright, someone posted this awhile back in strokefires thread, FrankenPlumbing. Is the fact that the trap arm goes into a 45 * before dumping into a wye what makes this ill legal or the trap adapter used in the horizontal application?
    Trap arm dumping into a 45º and an improper island vent layout.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    Ron's Facebook
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

When the vent opening is at or below the level of the trap weir siphonage can occur. Therefore the vent opening must be at or above the trap weir. Thats the reason combos are not commonly use to pick up fixtures horizontal to vertical.
      Last edited by jc60618; 05-08-2010, 03:15 PM.

Comment

As an added note, at least in PA, all solvent weld joints must be primed with purple primer visible at all joints.

Comment

Here in Mich, that wye should be a tee. And if that 1-1/2" line coming up is a relief vent, or a revent, it should be tied into vent pipe above the flood level rim of sink, or fixture served, as code would say.
          Think about it, if that 1-1/2" line below the 1-1/2" wye clogs, the water could fill up to a certain level in sink, & then run into revent. Thats what i see anyway.
          Last edited by Don the plumber; 05-09-2010, 08:20 AM.

Comment

The Non Union CARPENTER knows. No sani tee
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

If this is, in fact, an island sink situation, where is that horizontal 1-1/2" piping going out through the cabinet?

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                Trap arm dumping into a 45º and an improper island vent layout.
                Bingo.

BTW: I added a little silicone spray to that Ro-Pump. Made all the difference. Now I don't have to use Arnold Shwartzeneger type strength to operate the thing. (good thing since I don't have that to begin with)
                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbfast View Post
                  As an added note, at least in PA, all solvent weld joints must be primed with purple primer visible at all joints.
                  Same thing across the river in Jersey, need to use purple primer.
                  "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                  John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

have to use santee (vent fitt) for trap arm and foot vent needs to vent under sub floor to closest wall with c.o. the pipe at top cannot have flat spot have to use 2 45 and 1 90

Comment

Working...
                    X