X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Married 33 Years today!

Who say's there's not a sucker born every minute! I found a girl who not only loves me, but has been my unfailing companion for 33 years as of today. By any reasonable reckoning as far as I'm concerned she got the short end of the deal. But I get to spend the rest of my days as long as I'm lucid and ambulatory to try and even the score.

I'm surprising her with dinner at Ruth Chris steakhouse in about an hour. (She no doubt thinks I forgot. heh heh.) Hope we can get in the door wearing jeans and a sweater because I'm not ruining the surprise by telling her to dress up.

Her shirt reads... (except the arrow points left)

There would be far fewer wars and violence in the world if everyone had a wife as wonderful as mine. That's the straight of it.
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Re: Married 33 Years today!

Congrats on the long time marriage. I agree with you. Coming up on 10 years this fall. Could not ask for a better wife.

Comment

Congratulations
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Congratulations
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Congratulations.

Comment

Congratulations
            28 and counting

Comment

Good for you! 14 this June 1st for me.

Comment

grats

when we go to ruth chris they make us set in the bar. t shirt and sweat pant shorts. that's me. breid.................

Comment

Congratulations Geno! Aint love grand!!!!

22 years and counting for me!

Comment

Congratulations! 30 Yrs this August for us---most of them happy.
                    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Congratz... love to see folks together for the long run. I am only at 6.5 but it keeps getting better all the time.

josh

Comment

Happy Belated Anniversary! I'm glad you got a winner!
                        www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Belated Congrats! From the other side, I've been married to my hubby 13 years this past March. But met only 3 weeks earlier through the Internet. So, have only known each other a little over 13 years. Keeps getting better. There are good and bad days for sure. AND, we're still learning each other.

But, I know we're both in it for the long haul.

Cathy
                          Assistant to Josh!

Learnat least one NEWtopic daily!

Comment

Nothin' like a good woman. In two weeks it will be 32 years for me.

Comment

Thanks all!

I've been busy so haven't had a chance to get back to share the results of the evening at Ruth Chris. I ended up suggesting to my bride that she get dressed up a bit. If I had dragged her there (and it would have been difficult dragging indeed if she was in jeans and a sweater) she would have been miserable.

She was surprised and the meal was delicious. I had Australian Kobe ribeye, which I had never heard of before but it tasted buttery and delicious. I don't regret getting it but I don't think it was worth the $70 for the piece of meat alone.

When I got home my stomach was "roiling" and felt oddly full. The projectile anal spewage and minor abdominal cramps I experienced from 1 am to 3:30 am wasn't particularly enjoyable or convenient either.

Since I was able to narrow down that my dad and I ate the same thing at lunch that day and he suffered no ill effects and the only other thing I ate was at the restaurant. (And my bride and I washed our hands with alcohol based cleaner after ordering at RC). I'm fairly confident it was something I consumed there. Although I suppose a person can't 100% rule out some other cause besides RC.

When the restaurant called the next day to thank us for coming (surprised the heck out me) I shared the experience and they indicated regret about my uh... sickness. They said they would report the incident to the health department. (Minnesota state law)

All said, the evening was fun, and I would still go back although I doubt if I'll have the "down under" meat again as it didn't get along with MY "down under"!
                              Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
                              X