Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A contest! What Plumbing tool does Rick NOT have?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A contest! What Plumbing tool does Rick NOT have?

hard to post it as it's in my shop and i'm not there. but it's easy to do a search as i've mentioned it on many occasions over the years.

the 600 hilti is a single shot and has a large heavy splatter shield. all i've ever see of the low velocity guns for plumbers and sprinkler fitters has been the 600.

rick.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...=thread+cutter

see post #4
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 05-16-2010, 11:13 PM.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      Please put the bad man back in his cage.

Mark
      Like I said, self control and restraint.

Adam, is that uponor gun the same we saw at the swap meet?
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        hush,be still beast!!!
        lol :d
        Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
          Well instead of the motor spinning the drum the cable passes through the drill handle and out the chuck. You can leave the drill/motor attached to the drum or you can remove it so you get all the power of the motor closer to the blockage while your extra cable stays stored in the drum. It does take some practice to use, but it works really well. I have used it on overhead sink lines many of times.

Here is a pic of the drill/motor in my hands sadly the drum was cropped out to make this into a profile pic.

Ron, so does the coil spin inside the drum? I can see where that could be very handy in some tight spots too. So it's kind of like a sectional machine in some respects? (A little hybrid?)

I remember the first time I saw that pic my first impression was that it was an electric grease gun

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
            Ron, so does the coil spin inside the drum? I can see where that could be very handy in some tight spots too. So it's kind of like a sectional machine in some respects? (A little hybrid?)

I remember the first time I saw that pic my first impression was that it was an electric grease gun
            It spins the cable which the drum spins freely behind you. I just need to get a tripod or someone to record a video of me using it. I also have some more obscure machines. Like a Cable jetter made by National, but that beast is buried in my garage.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
              Woussko,

If Rick has a tool that does the same thing, has the same purpose, operates in essentially the same manner, then I would say Rick essentially has the same tool. Wouldn't you?
              That all depends on the rules that YOU setup for this contest. I would tend to agree with the above however. My wild die holding pipe threader belongs in a section on antique/vintage tools. I do bet that NO one but me has one just like it.

Comment

I have a Manual rool Groover I will try to get a photo up soon ...

Also have a pneumatic Uponor Gun

Dave

Comment

took a couple photos of some of the unique ridgid stuff. i still have more to take and post.

rick.

the ridgid supreme push pull tapper. along with the 3/8'' mcc all thread cutter and the mcc 5/8'' rod cutter.

ridgid 109 internal cutter 2.5''-4'' with plastic cutting wheel.

ridgid #87 cable trimmer with 6 bushings.

much more i need to take photos of the odd and unique stuff.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 05-18-2010, 12:35 AM.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    Here is an adjustable companion flange ratcheting wrench. The screw in posts for the holes in the flange also has two different size sleeves which go over the posts for different size holes. The level which is shown on the back of the tool snaps in to show you where level is but is removable for regular work. This is the only tool of this type I have ever seen.

Mark
                    I know it's not a week yet, but there don't seem to be any more entries being posted, and in any event, Mark provided the first tool posted that Rick admits he doesn't have so we have a winner. (pictured above.)

Although... Rick surprised me by not having the wheeler plastic internal pipe cutter. Rick does have other internal pipe cutters, just none as good as mine. heh heh.

CONGRATULATIONS!!
                    Mark, if you PM me a link to a restaurant or diner where you would like to get your chocolate shake (or whatever), I'll get you your prize.

Now we all know the truth of the matter. Rick does not, in fact, own every plumbing tool known to plumberdom. (or is that plumber dumb?)

Comment

call in the order to the cheescake factory in sherman oaks for saturday night at 6 p.m

adam, can have the cherry

mark can watch and take photos

and i'll

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

lame

Comment

Originally posted by plumber rick View Post
                          adam. I've had the same rod cutter for at least the last 6-7 years.

I have the hilti 600 single shot gun. Shoots a larger load than the strips.

Pex is just the manual wisboro expander. Used it years ago, but still wating to get it started up again.

The plasma i have is a 240 volt 50amp beast.

Rick.
                          what brand and model? You've been holding out ! I have a 14"
                          lead shot beater bag and pneumatic planisher ! Ha ha
                          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

mcc 3/8'' rod cutter

http://www.mccusainc.com/Tools/Threaded-Rod-Cutter.htm

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

wait, wait........I was just given a pipe tool I doubt anybody has and even less heard of or seen!!!!

It is a "Bondstrand M74 pipe shaver", I don't even know what the heck it is used for really. Something about preping the spigot end of plastic pipe for glueing. It came with the 4,6 and 8 inch mandrels.

Will try to get pics tomorrow!!

Anybody know what the heck it is!?!?

G3

Comment

Originally posted by G3sprinklers View Post
                                wait, wait........I was just given a pipe tool I doubt anybody has and even less heard of or seen!!!!

It is a "Bondstrand M74 pipe shaver", I don't even know what the heck it is used for really. Something about preping the spigot end of plastic pipe for glueing. It came with the 4,6 and 8 inch mandrels.

Will try to get pics tomorrow!!

Anybody know what the heck it is!?!?

G3
                                It re-makes the spigot after cutting the pipe on the job.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                                X