Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

A contest! What Plumbing tool does Rick NOT have?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A contest! What Plumbing tool does Rick NOT have?

In the fabrication thread I see that Rick has a copper roll groover. Now, I went to plumbing school in 1979, and as far as recall I've never heard you can roll groove copper, and have never seen it done. Not only that, Rick has a copper roll groover he will sell.

Increasingly it seems possible that Rick might have pretty much every plumbing gadget known to plumbers. No matter how obscure. In an effort to determine the truth I'm going to offer a reward to someone who can show they own a plumbing gadget that Rick does not.

There are rules:

1. You must submit a personal (not stock) photo and your description of the plumbing tool. If you don't have the tool, it doesn't count.

2. The tool must be manufactured by a company and not be personally, or privately constructed.

3. I don't think we can reasonably expect Rick to own every model of every jetter or snake (although he may well have them). So if Rick can demonstrate that he has a machine of similar design constructed for similar purpose then that's close enough. (I will be the arbiteur)

4. Rick would need to demonstrate that he owns said device by the end of the contest. (Photo with Rick holding it and claiming he owns it will be sufficient). If nobody can come up with a tool in the next week. (Say by Memorial Day evening) then Rick wins the prize.

So what is the prize? I was thinking of a new plumbing van, but then Rick would go out and buy whatever it was no matter what. So, sadly, the prize must be trivial. I'm thinking a gift certificate to a restaurant chain for $15 which should be enough to cover two chocolate milk shakes. (How can Rick resist such enticement?)

5. There is no limit to how many gadgets a person suggests.

6. The first post to suggest a tool that Rick doesn't have wins.

Good Luck to all!!!!

I will start the contest with a tool I've never seen another plumber have. I expect Rick to have three sets.

A Wheeler schedule 40 plastic internal pipe cutter. I've included one size, 4" but have the full set.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by geno gardner; 05-16-2010, 07:28 PM.
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Re: A contest! What Plumbing tool does Rick NOT have?

Vic. Copper is common. The current project I'm on now has tons of it. The largest is 8" type L.
    Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Here is an adjustable companion flange ratcheting wrench. The screw in posts for the holes in the flange also has two different size sleeves which go over the posts for different size holes. The level which is shown on the back of the tool snaps in to show you where level is but is removable for regular work. This is the only tool of this type I have ever seen.

Mark
      Attached Files
      Last edited by ToUtahNow; 05-16-2010, 08:13 PM.
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Common Sense.

J.C.

Comment

you should say that the brand doesnt mater as long as the tool was made to do the same job
          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

I've seen Rick's tools and when someone has everything it's hard to buy for them. I remember about 10 years ago I was trying to think of what to get him for his birthday and I couldn't think of anything. So I start to think, what is the only thing he doesn't have. Hmmmmmmm I got it , (a wife). So I bought him a engagement ring. I'll let him tell the rest of the story.

Comment

Anything resembling people skills

Comment

Looks like JC won. Just in case, I have self control and restraint.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I posted this in the past, I know I have a few tools Rick does not have. I will have to dig out a few others and post them up.

Attached Files
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

A tool Rick and I both own which I am guessing others don't is an "Expose-A-Valve". It is a hole saw which uses a tub or shower stem as the pilot to drill out tile and mortar which is too close to the stem to use your cowbells. It is a really nice tool.

Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                      Here is an adjustable companion flange ratcheting wrench. The screw in posts for the holes in the flange also has two different size sleeves which go over the posts for different size holes. The level which is shown on the back of the tool snaps in to show you where level is but is removable for regular work. This is the only tool of this type I have ever seen.
                      Mark

GREAT TOOL! I've never seen one of these either.

Comment

A tool Rick and I both own which I am guessing others don't is an "Expose-A-Valve". It is a hole saw which uses a tub or shower stem as the pilot to drill out tile and mortar which is too close to the stem to use your cowbells. It is a really nice tool.

Mark
                        I own one. Mine has claws and can drive nails.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                          I posted this in the past, I know I have a few tools Rick does not have. I will have to dig out a few others and post them up.
                          What's special about this snake?

Comment

Mark
                            Interesting! This sounds like it's worth googling.

Comment

Would tools where RICK has a modern version, but I have an antique version made by a good old USA company no longer in business count? Put simple, mine may well be over 100 years old and RICK's is most likely less than 20 years old.

Comment

Working...
                              X