X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy Cow Whistle !

Customer needs a water line repair at house entrance So ... I threw in an offset and coupled it to the copper with a Sharkbite 90 ...

Did not use the Liner but did De-Burr the pipe ...

So Loud I can hear it on the customer's cell phone ...

Tomorrow I will go and check the De-Burr and Put the insert into the 3/4 Copper ...

Any Ideas ???

Dave

Re: Holy Cow Whistle !

Teflon Check Valve ! Found it in 5 Minutes ...

Comment

Originally posted by NoeEttica View Post
      Customer needs a water line repair at house entrance So ... I threw in an offset and coupled it to the copper with a Sharkbite 90 ...

Did not use the Liner but did De-Burr the pipe ...

So Loud I can hear it on the customer's cell phone ...

Tomorrow I will go and check the De-Burr and Put the insert into the 3/4 Copper ...

Any Ideas ???

Teflon Check Valve ! Found it in 5 Minutes ...

the insert?

Teflon check valve?

Sorry for my Sunday AM fogginess. What insert are you referring to? Are you saying the teflon check valve was chattering loudly?

If there was a leak in a water line why not cut out the leak and install new pipe with couplings?

I'm clearly not picking up a whole bunch of stuff here. But that's OK it's Sunday and I'm not plumbing today.

I'm going golfing in an hour with my mom and sis. First time golfing in two years. (Tiger I'm not. heh heh.) Actually, I'm not sure what I do can be called golfing. More like medieval battle. Hacking wildly, jerkily, in varying directions and heights aimed at the silently taunting tiny neon orange sphere. During the swing there first comes hope... Then loss...
      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Changed the check Valve and noise stopped

Sharkbites come with an Insert that I usually Do Not Use on rigid pipe . When I do a water Line repair I just throw in an offset Quick and easy ... Customer wanted cheap and fast ... So the connection was to the copper with a sharkbite 90 the other 90's were PVC There was a "transition" fitting in there somewhere LOl

Dave

Comment

Changed the check Valve and noise stopped

Sharkbites come with an Insert that I usually Do Not Use on rigid pipe . When I do a water Line repair I just throw in an offset Quick and easy ... Customer wanted cheap and fast ... So the connection was to the copper with a sharkbite 90 the other 90's were PVC There was a "transition" fitting in there somewhere LOl

Dave
          Ah, I think I've used two sharkbites in my life ( temporary emergency get out of jail card) and they didn't come with extra inserts that I'm aware. Unless you're talking about the little plastic liner that is inside the sharkbite.

So where they had a straight length of pipe, there now exists four 90s? Equivalent resistance of roughly 76' of extra pipe. I'm curious, why not just install couplings. I assume you're going to charge for a service call at least in any event, and a couple copper couplings and short piece of pipe might cost less then the sharkbite fitting by itself (depnding on the length of course). You could even use sharkbite couplings now that I think of it. (Still recovering from Sunday I see)

Why do you think the check valve was initially installed?
          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
          X