Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this about??

http://www.plumberinphoenixaz.com/

Does anyone know what this is about? No one can do it this cheap and stay in business, even if this is a loss leader.

I am in Michigan so it doesn't affect me, but maybe it is an upcoming trend/gimmick that will soon be upon us all. Anyone in Phoenix know what is going on??

Re: What is this about??

don't know them, so i will give you my take on it based on a guess.

i doubt the company is expecting the service guy to come back with 49.50 on a regular basis.it probably requires a ground level cleanout. i also think they will charge another 49.50 for the second fixture too. i also think it's their foot in the door to find other problems.

they are not the first company to come in cheap and leave with a whole lot more than what they came there for.

only the locals will know the real truth behind this price.

lets see if they come in to share their thoughts

rick.

so i found their faq page.

49.50 per fixture. additional 25.00 to pull a toilet. nothing additional for a roof vent.

there are disclaimers and other conditions, but once again, i don't think thier guys are coming back with 49.95 on every job.

rick.
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 05-24-2010, 12:02 AM.
    phoebe it is

Comment

The so called 49.95 drain guys here are either out of business or have been flagged as a scam by the BBB.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I'd bet my paycheck that any drain is 49.99 but getting the cable "unstuck" will cost just a smidgen more than 49.99.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

we have a company running a special "$80 any drain opened" I see him running all over the place I guess it is a numbers game?

Comment

There is a lot of small print (as mentioned previously) o/s c/o, extra for basement, only up to 75' etc.

Also there is a difference between opening a line and cleaning a line. They open the drain with a pathetic undersized snake/blade and then shove a camera down at no charge or an extra small fee and show the owner all the roots they didn't clean and tell them they need to replace their sewer line... tada thousands of dollars. I see a lot of these around here 80-100 bucks, but not this cheap. There is a co. here in MI that used to charge 400 bucks or more for a sewer line and in April and May they advertised for 100 bucks any drain... with lots of fine print to follow.

Comment

yea i see his trucks around the valley. i checked they are a licensed contractor.

that is stupid cheep. It does not bother me, if people want a un trained low paid plumber now they have a option.

Comment

They may be licensed, but that does not mean they have "licensed" plumbers operating their vans and cleaning drains. I'll bet they have the cheapest labor they can hire in Phoenix who will clean drains. In Phoenix I'll bet that for most of their drain cleaners English is a second language.

If the contractor can find people who are willing to clean a drain for a flat rate... say $15, then the contractor comes out with $35 for his equipment, truck and overhead. Plus the chance to do actual plumbing on an up sell. I have a friend who lives in Phoenix and he says times are tough there.
                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
                X