X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid 18v lithium ion

bought the x3 combo pack in january and have went through 2 batteries...both while drilling through floor with 4inch hole and then 5/8 bit the batteries started pouring out smoke and smelt like they were melting...anyone else have this issue? and by the way first one replaced with no questions second one is sent off for testing

Re: ridgid 18v lithium ion

If tyour drill starts to lose magic smoke, they're done. Shoulda bought dewalt.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. We have all Makita 18 volt . Drills, Impacts, Sawsall, jig saws,and a
      Sawsall. Love them dearly!
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Sorry to hear you are having issues. All cordless tools are rated for their performance; when used outside of that range unfortunate things tend to happen. All of my cordless tools are Milwaukee. I use the lithium 12v for light duty and the lithium 28v for the bigger stuff. So far they have performed very well.

Comment

4" hole saw with a cordless tool

You will destroy your tools doing that... I cooked a dewalt 18V going through a pair of top plates with a 2" holesaw.

L-ion batteries are not any stronger then Nicad only lighter.

There is no replacement for a hole hog or other right angle drill...

Bill

Comment

Working...
          X