Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Your gutter water hit the ground ??????

Not in S.F. It's Sat Morn and this is My day. One down leader is dumped on My customer,s
    ground. Will excavate and run C.I. to new tie in at C. Out. Handy it's less than 20 ft. away.
    Yes It's Memorial day weekend! Funny I look forward to the day! Tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Does Your gutter water hit the ground ??????

I don't even have gutters, let alone downspouts lol.. Mostly it just runs off the roof and rains on you as you walk out the door, but a significant portion gets in the failed flashing around one of the heater vents and rains on whatever is parked there.
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Ace you forgot to say that all rain water run off belongs to Denver Water. In Colorado you can not collect rain water for any purpose, it must go back to the ground.
      Funny story, before we bought our house in CO the local rain gutter guys did some repairs, ran the gutter all the way up against the electrical panel so that you could not open it. And one of the downspouts off the garage drains right in to the septic tank. I think it is time for rain gutter codes and licensing.
      ANYONE CAN TAKE THE HELM WHEN THE SEA IS CALM.

Comment

god i hope not. here we collect our rain water into a cistern for use. a simple filtration system makes it potable. our cistern is 42,000 gals. in the last 72 hours we have added about 23.000 gals. i love a full cistern. it beats buying water at over $.035/gal. and the water is as soft as it can be

steve
        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mtnman1100 View Post
          Ace you forgot to say that all rain water run off belongs to Denver Water. In Colorado you can not collect rain water for any purpose, it must go back to the ground.
          Funny story, before we bought our house in CO the local rain gutter guys did some repairs, ran the gutter all the way up against the electrical panel so that you could not open it. And one of the downspouts off the garage drains right in to the septic tank. I think it is time for rain gutter codes and licensing.
          Codes and licensing do nothing to monitor stupidity.
          Many licensed are totally unaware and inneficient in their trade.

That is classic Though.

Comment

I would like to see a lot more water reclamation being utilized.
            Mountain Rick has done a bit of research on the technology.

Comment

All of our gutters go into pipes that divert it away from the house, but then it just goes to the ground.

Comment

In S.F., street catch basins,roof water go to a sewerage treatment plant. From there ig goes into the ocean. I can see oily street water getting treated. I question clean home outside
                area drain ,and roof water getting treated and dumping into the ocean ! AS better use would be toilet flush and landscape watering! Also It's a large burden on the treatment plant !
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

SF is the only place I have had to trap deck drains.

Comment

Originally posted by Birddoggiest View Post
                    SF is the only place I have had to trap deck drains.
                    S.F. BUILDING Dept. = SUPREME NINCOMPOOPS ! I like this new old word , feel free to borrow it ! Sounds like the Germans coined it !

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                      S.F. BUILDING Dept. = SUPREME NINCOMPOOPS ! I like this new old word , feel free to borrow it ! Sounds like the Germans coined it !
                      That is funny you say that because we were running them at the German Consulate building. I agree with the building dept. No experience needed to be an offiial just an oppointment by someone you know.

Comment

Working...
                      X