X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower Heads

It seems the Government is getting more and more involved in our lives. If the DOE really passes this law, will existing installations need to be removed and capped? Will that be immediate or as a condition of sale?

This is the time to let your clients know if the want a hand held shower they had better do it now.

What will happen in gang showers?

Will non-tamper volume control on shower valves be next?

http://www1.eere.energy.gov/building...d_guidance.pdf

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Shower Heads

i guess the days of walking into a shower and being at the car wash are numbered.

now i would be glad to see the excessive shower heads eliminated, in exchange for toilets that flush more than 1.28 gallons.

what are they thinking

i guess they're trying to keep all the plumbers and drain cleaners employed

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

One way around this law it to have mutiple shower valves installed in the shower. One for each shower head.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
        One way around this law it to have mutiple shower valves installed in the shower. One for each shower head.
        That's the way I interpreted that paper. Since there is big money in the car wash shower systems, do you think the manufacturers will be lobbying hard against this?

Comment

I guess the Govt. Hasn't heard about the oil spill! Incompetent NINCOMPOOPS !!
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            I guess the Govt. Hasn't heard about the oil spill! Incompetent NINCOMPOOPS !!
            Sure they have
            But taking away citizens showering enjoyment is so much easier to deal with
            Put a stamp on it and make it a law

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              , will existing installations need to be removed and capped? Will that be immediate or as a condition of sale?

http://www1.eere.energy.gov/building...d_guidance.pdf

Mark
              States may choose to get involved. Calif. for example, for many years, has required toilets to be 1.6 gal before close of escrow on a sale. Also upgraded on a permitted remodel. Also, today, Calif. is in the phase in period to 1.28 gpf. Each year, starting in 2009, an increasing percentage of all the toilets a manufacturer sells must be 1.28. By the end of 2012, it will all be 1.28.

In CA, you also cannot buy a 60 watt regular bulb. 57 watts. No 40's, they are 38. Etc. R30 and R40..65 watts max. Larger watts...must use a PAR halogen.

Comment

hmmm,,,,, does anyone else see a future in larger bathtubs?

or an increase in hot tub installs?

people will waste water/energy as much as they want... if they REALLY want to

Comment

Working...
                X