Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ??? part on water main for well system ???

I was out to look at a water leak on water main comeing into house on a well found that the water came through foundation 90 down and into filter then 90 back up and into what looks to me like some kind of throataling valve or metering valve that would be used on hot water return lines in big condos . And on right side it had a reileaf valve every time well pump would turn on reileaf would leak water . After that water line continued up to tee for 40-60 psi on off switch and psi gage then the next tee was for 40 gal well trol tank and I checked blader still has air . Any clue on what that meetering valve mite be would help or even if it needs to be ther I have delt with many wells never seen this on water coming into house
    Attached Files
    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Re: ??? part on water main for well system ???

I geuss that awnsers my question
    SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

hell i've never seen one period. i can't see the logic of it. maybe just put on by someone that doesn't know any better. maybe something the customer wanted. maybe some thing to jack up the price. we have a lot of wells here. you got me. rick or utah might know. breid..................

Comment

I think it may be a CSV
        sigpic

Comment

That is made by wellmate or the guys that make the fiberglass well tanks with the "bag" in them. This is used to draw in air while the well pump is pumping. it should be the first thing you see then the line should go to a filter like you say and then run like a normal well line back to the well tank. You may also
          see a vent line leaving the filter tank going out side this may be venting sulfur gas one way to remove it.
          Part #CH3929-5 called a Micronizer
          made by Pentair
          http://www.wellmate.com/accessories_res.htm
          And when you go to this link it should look familiar
          Attached Files

Comment

that's what i said above, ask ccp he would know what it is. lol. i googled "wellmate micronizer". we mostly see welltrol here. all metal. we have hard water not gassy. closest dealer is 40 mi. may never see one, but good to know about. breid..............

Comment

Working...
            X