X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eternal Hybrid backfiring.

I'm mixxed about the whole Tankless thing, I want to like them and install them, but with the problems they have I'll stick with the tank.
    Will Rogers Plumbing
    Moore, Oklahoma
    (
    405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
    http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

so i just read this thread again, all 46 post.

i've been a big non supporter of the tankless revolution. it's all about the green. the green that goes from the customers wallet into the plumbers wallet.

but i've installed 5 tankless in all. 4 new installs, and 1 replacement. the first one was at my house since the heater i purchased at a discount for taking the noritz class, i couldn't sell to any of my customers with a clear conscience. so after 3 years of sitting on it, i decided to retire my 19 year old tank heater and install the noritz. not an involved install as i installed it outside next to my gas feed for the pool and hot and cold feeds to the garage. so i had all my lines within easy reach. no circ line at the time.

after getting an earful from joey if my little forum experiment was over, i had to install an on demand circ pump. just to speed up the delivery of hot to the kitchen and master shower.

the 3 other new installs, i had no real choice. they wanted an outdoor heater with no metal 30'' x 30'' shed. so tankless was the only real way of doing that.

the replacement was for a customers unit that was less than 6 years old and the tech they had service it, ripped them off big time. 1 month later it was toast.

i still feel that all the hype on tankless is just hype. and unless they get serviced on a regular basis, they will be toast.

it still amazes me how many people are not aware that they need to be properly flushed and serviced, considering they came from a tank unit that they never flushed. also amazes me how many installations are still being done wrong.

glad my customers listen to me and don't force it upon themselves without my ok.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I agree 100%. Unfortunately, the damning information hasn't gotten out to the great unwashed. They keep asking for these things.

Comment

I was waiting for you and Wiil to figure it out. Early on when you drank the Eternal kool-aid, I just sat back and waited.
          It's not just the hardness but the high chlorine added to the warm water for disinfection is the biggest problem, it attacks the lousy welds of the tubes in their tanks.

Rick, I thought you had a Rheem/Ruud/Paloma unit?
          Last edited by Lee H; 09-08-2012, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
            I'm mixxed about the whole Tankless thing, I want to like them and install them, but with the problems they have I'll stick with the tank.
            Yeah, my big thing is getting parts in a timely manner.
            www.ballplumbing.net

Comment

Re: Eternal Hybrid Hot Water heater???

Worst investment I've ever made. I own 4 assisted living homes and I put an Eternal in each home and one in my own home. $4000 a pop is a large pill to swallow. I have had the units about 2 years and I've already had to replace 2 of the units because of product defects. One of the units (in my personal residence) has been replaced about 6 months ago and I am sitting in my living room right now waiting for the technician to come and replace it for a 2nd time. These units are LOUD and I can't even fill up a bathtub with hot water because the flow rate is terrible. If we want a hot bath, we have to fill up the tub with the shower instead of the normal bath faucet. If I'm doing dishes (by hand, not with a dishwasher) then nobody can shower because there isn't enough hot water. I hate these units. I would rather have a kettle and fire burning stove than the Eternal Water Heaters. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.

Comment

Originally posted by pissedateternal View Post
                Worst investment I've ever made. I own 4 assisted living homes and I put an Eternal in each home and one in my own home. $4000 a pop is a large pill to swallow. I have had the units about 2 years and I've already had to replace 2 of the units because of product defects. One of the units (in my personal residence) has been replaced about 6 months ago and I am sitting in my living room right now waiting for the technician to come and replace it for a 2nd time. These units are LOUD and I can't even fill up a bathtub with hot water because the flow rate is terrible. If we want a hot bath, we have to fill up the tub with the shower instead of the normal bath faucet. If I'm doing dishes (by hand, not with a dishwasher) then nobody can shower because there isn't enough hot water. I hate these units. I would rather have a kettle and fire burning stove than the Eternal Water Heaters. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY.
                Ranting about a unit without relevant information is useless. What size unit, proper gas pressures, flow restrictor capabilities, what defects? I'm not saying that these heaters don't have issues but an improper installation, application or expectations will ALWAYS give you problems.
                ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Originally posted by pissedateternal View Post
                  Did you do these installations yourself?

Comment

The Eternal Condensing Hybrid's innovative 3 cycle process pushes heat in 3 directions through the water and maximizes energy transfer. In simplest terms, their patent slows the exhaust of heat by reusing the energy multiple times, rather than reducing water pressure.
                    "Ruhrpumpen.com" Leading Manufacturer Of High Quality Centrifugal Pump

Comment

Working...
                    X