Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Look what I found Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Look what I found

    Lady complained of low water pressure throughout the house.

    Pressure regulator worked fine. Pulled an aerator at a faucet and found it was clogged up with a lot of white debris. Cleaned, re-installed and still low water pressure.

    Pulled an angle stop that had a separate issue and bingo.

    Check it out!
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Re: Look what I found

    Originally posted by Dakota View Post
    Lady complained of low water pressure throughout the house.

    Pressure regulator worked fine. Pulled an aerator at a faucet and found it was clogged up with a lot of white debris. Cleaned, re-installed and still low water pressure.

    Pulled an angle stop that had a separate issue and bingo.

    Check it out!
    Is that the dip tube from the water heater? Thats a lot of debris.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Look what I found

      I have had that once before and believe that it was dip tube.

      Customer said pressure was fine every where else and that she did not want me to further investigate.

      Was it on the hot side?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Look what I found

        dip tube but that's already 15 years old. better check your dishwasher and washing machine lines too.

        rick.
        phoebe it is

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Look what I found

          Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
          Is that the dip tube from the water heater? Thats a lot of debris.
          Had to be.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Look what I found

            Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
            Is that the dip tube from the water heater? Thats a lot of debris.
            Yes - dip tube and the worst I've seen it. She told me she had her water heater replaced a year earlier.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Look what I found

              Originally posted by Plumbducky View Post
              I have had that once before and believe that it was dip tube.

              Customer said pressure was fine every where else and that she did not want me to further investigate.

              Was it on the hot side?
              Yes it was on the hot side only. The stuff infiltrated all the faucets and shower valve through the hot supplies.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Look what I found

                At least the dt came out in big pieces
                I got a customer with a roman tub faucet stopped up with dip tube trash
                I can get it to move , But It wont make the turn to come out
                After 2 years Hes finally about ready to let me take out some tile to get it out manually

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Look what I found

                  Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
                  At least the dt came out in big pieces
                  I got a customer with a roman tub faucet stopped up with dip tube trash
                  I can get it to move , But It wont make the turn to come out
                  After 2 years Hes finally about ready to let me take out some tile to get it out manually
                  Any way you can turn off the hot water at heater, open hot side of a laundry faucet, or another faucet without a screen, & force the cold to go through the hot, ( backfeed) to maybe move, or break it? I've also put a shop vac on the spout of the other faucet, your trying to backfeed through, & had some luck with that, in the past. But I know it could then get stuck somewhere else!
                  Good luck.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Look what I found

                    an air bottle/ air compressor and some valves with the hot turned off will create a nice water hammer and turn what's left of that plastic into pieces. you need to use the cold to add some water to the hot and force air mixed with the water to stir things up. of course if you have a large opening or ball valve at the heater hot connection, you could force it out the hot 3/4''.

                    rick.
                    phoebe it is

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Look what I found

                      Trust me on this one
                      I can get it to move and get great flow when i run the water in reverse but will not come out the other end ..And i get great flow in forward for 5 or 6 seconds after the back flush . then it will slam back to a slow stream
                      I worked on it twice as i was doing other repairs in the house
                      they plan on a big remodel at the end of the month
                      So its going to flow one way or another
                      Thanks i will take a pic

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X