Shower valve straps breaking!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shower valve straps breaking!!!!

When mounting T&S valves, I usually use the 3/4" copper straps. (Not the copper covered or copper strapping - pre-made straps with a hole in each end.) I wrap them around the copper tube and run a screw through both holes, then put one going the opposite direction right above it.

That's when the copper is alongside a stud. Otherwise, you can use your imagination - the straps work in a number of places.

When I'm installing something like a 2-handle T&S valve, I usually use copper perf strap and wrap it around a 2" x 4" and always fasten it on the opposite side so the screws can't pull out.

Comment

I usually just install a backer board to the valve itself, screw the valve to that, and run a board under the tub spout, the 90 on the spout is a drop earred 90 that gets screwed down to that board. that way the spout stays rigid as well.
      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Bell hangers screwed to the framing or blocking. Souix Chief makes some very rugged stuff for valve hanging. works super and saves time. Check out their web site you will be impressed.

GC' are all pricks, get used to it and you will be a whole lot happier.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X