Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expert Witness/Fees

Anyone with expertise in this area?

I would appreciate any and all info from those here who have had this kind of "job" and what you charged for your knowledge and expertise.

Everyone else, is free to add their two cents as well.

Apparently a water leak in the master bath caused an elderly woman to slip and fall.

Won't know until Thursday the exact circumstances surrounding the need of my services, when I'm to review the case file, etc.

Thanks,

Re: Expert Witness/Fees

I would stay out of it, not worth it in so many ways.

Comment

I was involved with a case. It involved a water heater leak and about 60k in damages. The case just fizzled out cause the customer did not think that they would have the money or time to weather the storm so to speak.

We charged our typical hourly rate and that was never questioned and the bill was paid.

Comment

mark is the true expert in the expert witness department.

i'm just in the witness protection end of it

but typically there are different scales for job visits, reports and depositions. make sure you have it all spelled out as if you get a subpoena, you want you expert fees and not just a witness fee

mark can probably give you some % numbers.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by ArizonaPlumber View Post
          Anyone with expertise in this area?

I would appreciate any and all info from those here who have had this kind of "job" and what you charged for your knowledge and expertise.

Everyone else, is free to add their two cents as well.

Apparently a water leak in the master bath caused an elderly woman to slip and fall.

Won't know until Thursday the exact circumstances surrounding the need of my services, when I'm to review the case file, etc.

Thanks,
          I have been doing Expert Witness work since 1988. I mostly do Construction Litigation but I have done some Personal Injury cases. Rates can vary a bunch depending on what you are doing and who you are. The thing to be prepared for is how long it may take you to get paid. It is not unusual to wait 6-months or longer to get your money.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

We got a tile guy out here that just passed his general contractors test that is charging $135.00 an hour to look at plumbing

My point is...
            The range is all over the place.
            Like handyman vs. a true professional

Comment

Just like any other service...what is your time worth to you? Now that you are entering the world of senselessness ie. an attorney is involved...double it.

Comment

If it is expert witness for the mob then 10 times the rate plus protection....

Comment

Working...
                X