Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-70's Bath faucet set, anybody recognize it?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-70's Bath faucet set, anybody recognize it?

My wife's friends sister is wanting a diverter replacement part. They have checked with the wholesalers in their city. I have checked the wholesalers in my city as well. One fellow recognizes it but doesn't recall the brand (the last one he saw was in the early 70's). The faucet set was originally in a nice older home in the Oak Bay part of Victoria, BC on Vancouver Island. It was picked up by the current owner/user at a flea market and installed in her home years ago. She likes older style fixtures, etc. The interesting feature is the cross handle, the four parts of the cross actually spin out. That is how the handle is tightened onto the stem. The spout is not original and is only on there until the diverter is repaired/replaced. ANYBODY RECOGNIZE THIS FAUCET SET? More importantly the diverter itself?

Thanks,

Shawn
    Attached Files

Re: Pre-70's Bath faucet set, anybody recognize it?

Looks like an old Crane. The stem books in an Ace Hardware and Tru-Value may be real valuable. I have found parts and repaired faucets older than many of us from their books.
    Last edited by Kevin Jones; 06-17-2010, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Reminds me of an old American Standard circa 1950-60...

Comment

That is a Pubco Diverter, it is missing an O-ring that belongs in the groove at the fat part of the stem.

Comment

Working...
        X