X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urinal gpf?

I know that most of you guys hate the waterless urinals but from your experiences, what do you think is the minimum water per flush for a standard urinal needed to keep everything clean as it should be? .25 gallons per flush? .5 gallons per flush? .75 gallons per flush? or the standard 1 gallon per flush?

Re: Urinal gpf?

More water the better IMO...

Comment

I think it should be a min of 1.0 gpf.

Comment

We have zurn's 1 liter urinals at work and they seem to do fine. Not sure the long term effect as I've only been here for 9 months.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Eventually when you see the calcium deposits on the inside of the pipe, and urinal trapway from urine I'm pretty sure you'll think the more water the better.

I call it the white spooge.
          Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

pee salt
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

only time will tell. You will be rodding sooner or later.

Comment

I set the Sloan to run constantly, that way they never stink

.6 will be the new standard
                sigpic

Comment

Here at the school district I have experimented with urinals of different types to try and save water. The siphon jet style urinals need a certain amout of water to complete the flush cycle, just like a toilet, so trying a lower flow diaphram may not let them flush all the way. The wash down style doesn't need much to wash the urine away and can work fine with the low flow flushometer diaphrams. I do like the newer Zurn 1 pint flush urinals. Since the school urinals get flushed hundreds of times a day, I don't think pipe wall buildup is any worse. My 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
                  X