Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost a Journeyman

My son took the test today ... wow 4 years goes fast
    They had about 60 plumbers taking the test
    They told them all it would be about 2 weeks before they know if they passed with the 4th coming up and a government job and all i can believe it
    I swear i thought i came home with a lic and a certificate the same day
    Anyway he felt good about it

Re: Almost a Journeyman

in 84 i had it scored while i waited in the hallway at city hall. the inspector wanted to make sure i actually studied since i finished before everyone and told me i blew it

missed 2 out of the 100

tell you son congrats and that he doesn't have to wait to pass to sign up for the forum

we can rag on him if he's an apprentice or journeyman

makes you proud to have him in the trade.

maybe piper will follow me too

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick
      When i went in 88 I only missed 1
      His test had 200 questions on it
      I just want to here him say I got it Dad

Comment

Another generation of plumber,gifted with the wisdom of his father.
        He's leaps and bounds ahead of others attempting his path.
        Good job Dad.

Comment

LOL
          Ronnie told me today they got on to him because he wore shorts when he showed up to take his test
          That will probable knock off a few points
          He does get a hair cut ever ten days or so , maybe he will get credit for that

Comment

I am 2nd generation plumber myself,I think my old man was happier I passed my Journeyman's than I was. I bet he did well, and I hope I am one of the first to tell him congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by JW3 View Post
              I am 2nd generation plumber myself,I think my old man was happier I passed my Journeyman's than I was. I bet he did well, and I hope I am one of the first to tell him congrats.

Thanks ..Its like waiting for your first born child . Wait he was lol

Comment

here in colorado you find out immediately after taking the test but they don't give you your score which i don't understand. you'd think they would want you to know what you missed in order to brush up on it. i should be taking my journeymans test for the first time in august or september if everything goes according to plan. it's amazing how fast 6,800 hours goes by. only another two thousand hours before it turn out and get my fitters card. thank god. i remember first getting into the trade and having no desire to be a plumber. five years later i'm actually enjoying it. well, some of it. i still hate fire caulking, and labeling, and i will try to find any possible way to avoid drilling anchors.

Comment

The boy got the letter this morning
                  HES IN

Comment

did you have any doubt

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by hiler_411 View Post
                      here in colorado you find out immediately after taking the test but they don't give you your score which i don't understand. you'd think they would want you to know what you missed in order to brush up on it. i should be taking my journeymans test for the first time in august or september if everything goes according to plan. it's amazing how fast 6,800 hours goes by. only another two thousand hours before it turn out and get my fitters card. thank god. i remember first getting into the trade and having no desire to be a plumber. five years later i'm actually enjoying it. well, some of it. i still hate fire caulking, and labeling, and i will try to find any possible way to avoid drilling anchors.
                      same here in california. you take the 2 part test on the computer. the first part is the difficult one for all as it's the business law that is the same for every trade. when you finish, the proctor comes over and enters their log in code. if you pass, it's a pass. if you fail, it's a score. and i believe it also gives you the area you scored low on.

the trade section is done the same way on the second test.

they supply the paper and pencil. they also collect the paper and pencil. what they don't want is any of the test questions being written down and making it to the contractors crash courses.

when you finish, you leave knowing you passed. i forget the ratio, but i think it was like 60% pass.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

i've taken two code prep classes through my hall and it seems to me that so long as you know where to find the information in the book (and fast) you will be alright. not to say you shouldnt try to know as much as you can without having to look it up but knowing where to find it seems just as important. we actually made a game out of it in class, we broke up into teams and the instructor would read a question off some flashcards they had purchased. the first team to find the answer and the reference number in the book would get a point. team with the most points would get to leave an hour early. trust me after spending 40 hours in code class you want out of there as fast as you can. i found that the flash cards were really helpful though.

Comment

[QUOTE=PLUMBER RICK;302713]did you have any doubt

Doubt no worry yes

Comment

I felt the same way when I took my Masters. I didn't doubt I passed it but I damn sure worried

Comment

Working...
                            X