Well Pressure Tank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Pressure Tank

This really happened today. A new call comes in with a well pump running constant. The newbee goes up to check pressure on the tank and look over the system. He checks the schrader and atleast no water...but no air either. He then fills the tank back to 35 psi as directed. He states it takes a really long time to fill. He then calls in that he can not get the pump to reprime. This is a gravity fed well pump.

Can we say blown pressure tank. He forgot to mention on the phone that while charging the tank it sounded like a straw blowing into a full glass of water. That kind of information is just a little important

Re: Well Pressure Tank

we were all new once... some have more sense than others

that's funny though

Comment

It was a long day...still is.

Comment

This really happened today. A new call comes in with a well pump running constant. The newbee goes up to check pressure on the tank and look over the system. He checks the schrader and atleast no water...but no air either. He then fills the tank back to 35 psi as directed. He states it takes a really long time to fill. He then calls in that he can not get the pump to reprime. This is a gravity fed well pump.

Can we say blown pressure tank. He forgot to mention on the phone that while charging the tank it sounded like a straw blowing into a full glass of water. That kind of information is just a little important
        I assume when he checked the schrader there was no pressure in the system. I'm not sure what is meant by a gravity filled water pump. Is it a booster below a cistern or hooked to a flowing well?

I guess the bubbles in the tank was a dead giveaway that the tank was bad though.
        Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

It is a 500 foot deep well that pumps to a cistern and then gravity to a booster.

Comment

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh. this ain't a newbe problem. it's a lack of training problem. am i to believe that the customer was being billed for this. if i did this i sure would never tell anyone. please don't send him on a gas job with this level of training. breid..............

Comment

So It is a deep well submersible with the jet in the well? If so, the foot valve probably let go and with 500' of standing head all pulling back through the pump and tank, you can pretty much guess what happened to the tank
              sigpic

Comment

NH he actually put enough air into the system to vapor lock a gravity feed. I checked the cistern and the well submersible is doing it job.

Lack of training is a prolific state of being a newbee. I did send the wrong person without choice. The customer will not be billed for education.

Comment

It is a learning process indeed.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X