X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch those drips!

Another example of screwed up government insisting it's right and trying to get others to pay for something they're probably not responsible for.

Fight that ticket RICK!

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news...87/detail.html

J.C.

Re: Watch those drips!

Wow! That is a lot of nerve.

"We changed the way we do things so gimme $100,000."

I think some body misplaced a decimal. Even so she had been following the rules all along and she should not have to pay.

Comment

The meter reader needs to come around more than once every ten years

Comment

I doubt that they can legally go back 12 years, even our gov't is only allowed 7 years. She says $10K for the last 3 months! Fill a 5 gallon pail 10 times read the meter before and after, I bet it reads closer to 1000 gal than 50 gal. I don't know what average water costs are there but at that ratio $500 for three months seems more realistic. What ever the average cost is it should be a real simple task to prove the meter is faulty and thereby no reading is admissible. Toss the bill, install a new meter and go from there. 12 years without an actual reading is hardly the consumers fault unless she chases them off the property with a shot gun.

Comment

In most parts of the country, they definitely could not go back 12 years. Maybe 3, but they will need to justify their estimated readings,

NOW, in Boston, I hear they are still trying to collect from Paul Revere!

Comment

Around here, the State may eventually pass a law that all wells have to have a water meter! So it does not matter if its your water rights and electricity, they just want more control of everything and our money! Imagine the large beauracracy of government meter readers on the tax bill.

Comment

Originally posted by plumb4life View Post
              Around here, the State may eventually pass a law that all wells have to have a water meter! So it does not matter if its your water rights and electricity, they just want more control of everything and our money! Imagine the large beauracracy of government meter readers on the tax bill.
              They have been pushing that idea around here as well, the basic response from the farm community was "you pay us back for the well and pay to maintain it (including power) or stay the .... off my property" and even then ...

Sorry meter guy - not sure what happened to that meter, you know those pesky porcupines (insert local animal of choice) will eat damn near anything!

Comment

beverly hills installed wireless meters about a year ago in the entire city. you can log on or call them and they will tell you when you flushed your toilet

cuts down on all the meter readers, but also it catches leaks before the customer will ever notice it. they electronically monitor it every 15 minutes for flow 24/7

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by plumb4life View Post
                  They play with this in many places, even here. Especially when droughts come about. Somebody's gonna' try something like "imminent domain resources" somewhere.

But I don't think it will ever get done. Too many lawyers have wells here and there.

If the water well I paid for becomes part of the state & federal government, then ALL natural resources privately acquired should have to fall under the same pretext.

Let them try that.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    beverly hills installed wireless meters about a year ago in the entire city. you can log on or call them and they will tell you when you flushed your toilet

cuts down on all the meter readers, but also it catches leaks before the customer will ever notice it. they electronically monitor it every 15 minutes for flow 24/7

rick.
                    we have the same thing and i have a wood cover over it ,one day i went to put the cover back on and hit the head and it fell off .at the time i did not know so we got a call about 3 weeks later that they need to look at it . well i did first ans saw it was off so i put it back on and when they came they could not find what was wrong with it because it was working .
                    how much free water did i get ????
                    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

We have the wireless here now (1yr or so) they have to do a drive by to get the reading. Kind of freaked me out when the water dept head told me my brother had a leak at his place.WTF.. how do you know that?????
                      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Working...
                      X