Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: must have's

Originally posted by Plumbducky View Post
    A cell phone, don't know how we lived without them or how attached we have become to them.
    I remember my father with his big huge rectangle shaped pager, it was the real fancy one that had two different tones so you would know who paged you. Then we went to the Motorola trunked 900Mhz radio system, then we went to Nextels. We did have bag cell phones before the trunked radio system but the costs sky rocketed and the coverage area was real bad at the time.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    Ron's Facebook
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

a GPS, TP, cash in your tool box, knife, jumper cables, AAA membership card, pillow, and all the tools to get any job done to get paid and go home.
      Wire Rope Slings Twin Path Slings Crosby Lifting Hooks Rigging Equipment Sling Inspections

Comment

SHOP VAC AND AN AIR COMPRESSOR. if i ever own my own company i would put a winch on every truck. living in colorado goin off the road will happen at some point and since cell reception is always spotty better safe than sorry. o yea, and a heavy duty grill guard, once again, this is colorado. i hit three deer between montrose and telluride in one winter. i never knew how tough a chevy cavalier really is.

Comment

Originally posted by stecar View Post
          what are the most common parts or things besides tools that everyone must have in their van or truck
          What kind of work do you do?
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Charged batteries for all my stuff AA AAA C D etc to power all the things I haul around. I die when I don't have C's for my Scout.
            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
              Charged batteries for all my stuff AA AAA C D etc to power all the things I haul around. I die when I don't have C's for my Scout.
              the carring case holds the 4 pack nice and secure

i don't think i get 1/2 the 16-20 hours it states

but the c's are cheap for a great machine

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

K-60 , RP 220 , press rings , #151 cutters , cell phone , mifi , Macbook , gps , flash light .

Comment

About a year ago, I bought these REALLY long tweezers, and It's the best $5.00 I ever spent in my life. So easy to pull stuff out of a garbage grinder, and other places.

The other is a mirror..don't know what I would do without it.

Comment

gallon of frozen water everyday,earplugs,flash light that goes on head 4 cell mag light project calc.

Comment

gear, service work

Comment

Everyone esle mentioned most everything and every comment was good. I will suggest 2 things, a foam pad and a plastic tray.

The foam pad is great for kneeling down, espicially on tile floors. It's even better for the commercial plumber when standing stationary for a long period of time. Your back and knees will feel the difference.

I use rubbermaid dishwasing trays. Works great when working under the sink and when gluing fittings on a finished floor. The tray, flashlight and toolbag go in with me on every job.

Forgot. A 12" level. My 9" is too short and 24" is too long but most often my 12" is just the right size.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

How can a guy like myself be efficient with either dragging a corded light or trying to prop up a flashlight,both of which always seem to put critical component in the shadow at some point.Or even scraping enamel off my teeth trying to hold a mini.
                          Years ago I saw the headlamps for climbing/camping.
                          Energizer's led is economical.At any time I could have a few on the truck.One for the helper and another as a gift to someone interested.

I could not imagine screwing around on mine or somebody elses dime with anything else.

Flashlight does go on the customer's house prewalk,makes for a good pointer.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                            At any time I could have a few on the truck.One for the helper and another as a gift to someone interested.

thanks

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                              At HD yesterday and saw a combination 6led flashlight that had a laser in the middle of the led's. Maybe this would be better? $3 if I remember right.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                                At HD yesterday and saw a combination 6led flashlight that had a laser in the middle of the led's. Maybe this would be better? $3 if I remember right.
                                Three bucks is good.
                                I've bought a couple different laser/flashlight configurations.Ranged from 12-20 dollars.

Comment

Working...
                                X