X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless steel water heater flex

I use the Falcon Industries stainless steel water heater flex lines. I usually buy 24 or 48 of them at a time every couple of months. I picked up a couple dozen 3/4" x 24" long ones yesterday at my not so local Fergusons, and they charged me almost $12 a piece. That's about a $3 increase from the last time I purchased them. Have they gone up that much, or am I just getting a really crappy price on them?

Re: Stainless steel water heater flex

mark, you're getting

i get the 18'' and 24'' from hirsch, but they're the other brand. just can't remember right now

i think they run me $6.00 and i buy 25 at a time.

let me know and i can get mark to deliver to vegas or ups.

have had good luck with them. stopped using the braided ones about 7 years ago.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

We dont have the stainless steel here Rick .. I would like that connection
      I read in the past that they were full flow thats what i would want
      Ron

Comment

Maybe 2 times in my career, have I seen flexible water lines for water heaters.

Just rarely see it in my area.

Comment

earthquake seismic issues. we have to strap the water heater at the upper and lower 1/3rd. also have to install automatic seismic gas shut off valves at the main.

they do make them up to 2'' but typically 3/4'' and 1'' for 75 gallon heaters are the common ones.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I forgot all about the earthquake issue for you guys. That has got to be a pain in the *** to strap in water heaters.

Here where I live, it's not uncommon so see what heaters out in the middle of the basement floor.

Comment

actually it's not bad at all when the heater is removed from the shed. the new impact drivers are the bomb

it's when you have to retrofit an existing heater that's not against the wall that gets tricky. the objective is to strap it tight so i won't move or fall or break a leg sitting away from the wall is a not a good install.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

We have some developments in my area that have B vent going from the basement straight through the roof, for the furnace and atmospheric water heater. Once in a blue moon I'll see an electric water heater sitting out in the middle.

All of the power vents are near the wall in my area, because of venting distance.

A bad install to me would be a water heater in an attic. When my sister had her house built in Houston, she had to choice of her 50 gallon gas water heater installed in attic or garage. It's bad enough people were putting flammable liquids near their water heaters in garages, but attics just don't make no sense at all to me.

Nothing wrong with a water heater away from the wall, but we prefer they be near a wall.

Comment

I kind of agree but it is a good place to store hot water!

Comment

Working...
                  X