X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest gadget

I figure the right job and this will pay for itself with one use. Ah who am I kidding?! I just wanted it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Jkh...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxjXR...eature=related
    Last edited by geno gardner; 07-02-2010, 05:48 PM.
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Re: My latest gadget

lol same reason that I bought mine.
    I'm not real happy with it though...it only sort of works.

Comment

what do you guys think of it? Worth the money?
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

took mine back after i read all the specs. never even opened it.

it will not locate electrical inside of conduit. so basically it will locate romex, but not any pulled wires in a wall or slab

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I have never been happy with any of my stud finders so I will buy it just for that but I would like to know how good it is for pex finding in concrete. Then concrete floors could be marked prior to the framing guy coming in with his ramset to do plating. I can think of a few other uses as well.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

i was hoping to use it as a poor mans x-ray.

i do core drilling for myself and for others.

nothing like hitting live electrical. but post tension is

rebar was good for 6'' i believe. our raised decks are 12'' thick with 2 layers of rebar. electrical was typically tied off to the lower layer.

i would have liked to scan at the surface and also below in the garage.

the electrical was the deal breaker.

go online to read the owners manual.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

You can not trust it.Mine gives false readings when it shouldn't,and none when it should.
              I wanted a really good stud finder but this has let me down...save your money

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                what do you guys think of it? Worth the money?
                I used mine for the first time today. It did locate the studs behind 3/8" beadboard (wainscoating) over 1/2" sheetrock. I was putting up a hanger for a pedestal sink.

During the searching the voltage light did consistently come on over one point so I didn't drill there.

Was it worth $275 plus tax? (including case and charger) Hard to say. On youtube I saw a Bosch model that looked interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                  I used mine for the first time today. It did locate the studs behind 3/8" beadboard (wainscoating) over 1/2" sheetrock. I was putting up a hanger for a pedestal sink.

During the searching the voltage light did consistently come on over one point so I didn't drill there.

Was it worth $275 plus tax? (including case and charger) Hard to say. On youtube I saw a Bosch model that looked interesting.
                  But I already have the M12 battery and charger....lol
                  Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I had a charger and battery too, for a nifty little 12V dual speed Milwaukee drill. But I don't like having to play musical batteries so I try and get tool with their own cases, chargers, yadda yadda.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                      But I already have the M12 battery and charger....lol
                      Originally posted by geno gardner View Post
                      I had a charger and battery too, for a nifty little 12V dual speed Milwaukee drill. But I don't like having to play musical batteries so I try and get tool with their own cases, chargers, yadda yadda.

I've been considering one too. If I can find a package deal with an impact gun, I'm in.

I wouldn't be using it on concrete, really only on walls and floors and ceilings (drywall, plaster, hardwood, tile, sheetrock, paneling, etc.)

It sure would be nice for repairs and minimizing wall patching for customers.

I've got several of the m12 tools and I have to say that I really, really like them, especially with the long life XC battery. I have a mini power converter in my truck with 2 chargers, so I always have a couple fresh batteries.

-Chris

Comment

Working...
                      X