Electric tankless waterheaters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Electric tankless waterheaters

This is all round and round baloney to me at this point. My experience shows electric tankless to have a very, very, small window of application whether a customer is happy with theirs or not.

So with the current products (and I'm not sure they will get much better) there's not much need to recommend or install them. Not gonna' worry to much about it being a "missed option".

Sure, a product may be undersized for the application....but think about it. Maybe the product is undersized to begin with.

I could daisy chain 50 Chronomites together.

Currently the best option here percentage wise in most situations is a tank. Next would be gas tankless. And at the very end of the spectrum would be electrical tankless. (Probably never).

That can mix, match, & change depending on circumstances and innovations such as the link I listed above for the A.O. Smith NEXT system.

My BloomBox arrives next week.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      Why is it the responsible thing to do? Fire possibilities?

Thanks.

J.C.
      I feel a tankless saves energy and the cost offset makes more sense when building new rather than retrofitting.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        no slam here either. but the real discussion was the cost and feasibility of installing a tankless electric unit that produces approx 10gpm.

10gpm tankless gas is a no brainer.

but what's not a no brainer is your gas load demand. those 4 units have a demand of up to 199,000 each natural gas and 190,000 each for lp.

getting 800,000 btu's of supply gas out here is usually not too difficult. it's the rest of the gas demand that might put us over the top.

i saved an electrician a $50,000 gas company charge on a 100kw generator install that the gas company was consulted with in the planning stage. once the unit was up and running, there was not enough gas to the property to make it run with the rest of the house.

the gas company wanted 50k to bring in a new service from the street 300' below.

the email i was a part of with the gas company and electrician was what saved the electrician the charge. knowing what was discussed and having access to all my old emails, made for a case the gas company couldn't win.

make sure that you cover your bases with the gas demand

rick.
        You still get an "F" master sir.

The gas tankless is running higher gpm and will require 1 normally but 2 max to reach 10gpm with comfort. That means 400,000 btu.

More reading. More homework.

OK I will be kind "D-"

Comment

I miss quoted myself and dare not edit at this point. 1 gas tankless will not make 10 gpm. It will general take care of a single family home.

If the area is a warm climate you can get upwards of 9 gpm from 1 gas tankless.
          Last edited by Kevin Jones; 07-04-2010, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Jones View Post
            Rick I have asked you tons of questions on this thread...none of which you have answered. You still want to look the part anyway.
            please list those questions so i can attempt to answer them.

as far as i remember it was the kw load for the 120 amp unit i posted.
            survey says 26.85 kw

then please answer my question so i know what's it going to cost to install an electric 10gpm tankless.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

We have different units. Your charts are meaningful only to your unit. The description of the unit before was similar.

Even still, what kind of shower head do you have? Have you measured the gpm? What is the ground water temp? Where is the delta T for the unit for your area?
              This was some of my questions. I was still trying to help you. You want sizing you will have to pay like any other customer and you will get your monies worth.

Comment

Will you guys ask/answer your and be done with it.

Comment

Mark I'm sorry...but I have a master quoting Bosch at me...

What real tech is going to take that seriously?

[/LEFT]
                  Still waiting to hear it from the horses mouth.

Comment

Oh com'on Mark. Let Rick dig himself deeper. I am not going to do his work for him.

Comment

This was some of my questions. I was still trying to help you. You want sizing you will have to pay like any other customer and you will get your monies worth.
                      I don't see a question there.

Mark

Comment

Still waiting to hear it from the horses mouth.
                        The Bosch heater is garbage but your Seisco heater has even a worse rep so what does that prove? Heck even the Manufacturer sells to DIYers.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                          I don't see a question there.

Mark
                          The questions were asked about the unit he has. They have been reposted and are on topic. This thread has been on target to the options available. It has not gone personal either. If you moderate this then delete me all together. There is no reason to moderate the real truth as to the failures and poor impression of equipment that was improperly sized and/or installed.

Comment

The Bosch heater is garbage but your Seisco heater has even a worse rep so what does that prove? Heck even the Manufacturer sells to DIYers.

Mark
                            Why are you answering for Rick? He posted it.

Comment

Oh com'on Mark. Let Rick dig himself deeper. I am not going to do his work for him.
                              I am asking you to do your work not dodge it. You made statements about your Attorney and his wife which implied he has a adequate system. As far as I can tell it is adequate because they have very minimal needs.

Mark

Comment

I am asking you to do your work not dodge it. You made statements about your Attorney and his wife which implied he has a adequate system. As far as I can tell it is adequate because they have very minimal needs.

Mark
                                I gave a real example of a real family that is happy and I got the details as requested. I did my work.

On the other hand I get paid to size systems.

Comment

Working...
                                X