Toilet Auger

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toilet Auger

I have used a general for the last 10 years without the drop head. I blew it up the other day and need a new one. Anyone like the Ridgid better or the General with the drop head. Thanks
    You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Re: Toilet Auger

general with the drop head.

Toilet augers are one of the things ridgid needs to throw away and start over on.
    No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

I never liked drop head augers. I have seen many water closet traps blown out by them. Only the blow out wall hung water closets a drop head auger works well on. I been using a Ridgid K-6 auger for 8 years now I am real happy with it. One thing I did do is take a chisel and cut off the first three wraps of the auger end to give the auger a nice hook.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
        general with the drop head.

Toilet augers are one of the things ridgid needs to throw away and start over on.
        I seen many of you say this about Ridgid augers. What is it you do not like about them?

Comment

I like the buld head on the General, but it has to be the 6'.

I typically use the extra 3' on half of the jobs.

Comment

I have the general as well, and love it.

If I'm correct, doesn't the ridgid have a LARGE bulb head on it?

If I'm wrong..

There is one toilet auger that has a LARGE bulb head on it, and I don't like it. I would hate to try to go around a toilet trap with it.

Comment

General, telescoping drop head.
              Their urinal auger is not bad either.

Comment

I'd stick with the general. I have the 6' one and I use it all the time on everything

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                  I seen many of you say this about Ridgid augers. What is it you do not like about them?
                  I don't own one Ron. I recall many saying that they broke all the time. Seems like I remember the handle being one of the big complaints.

Not sure which model though.

When are you having all of the Forum folks to Chi-town for "Ron's Big Food Festival?"

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    I don't own one Ron. I recall many saying that they broke all the time. Seems like I remember the handle being one of the big complaints.

When are you having all of the Forum folks to Chi-town for "Ron's Big Food Festival?"

J.C.
                    Well never had issues with my Ridgid auger. I have been real happy with it.

As for the Food Fest, should do something towards the end of this month. I love to have a huge bbq.

Comment

Mmmmmm barbecue

Comment

As for the Food Fest, should do something towards the end of this month. I love to have a huge bbq.[/QUOTE]

Im bringing the whole family up I haven't been back home in a while
                        Seriously

I had the bulb screw off my ridgid drop head auger in a washer drain

Comment

This, so very much this.

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.
                          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

seems like this comes up a few times a year and it's always been lopsided towards the general 6' bulb end.

i have both the ridgid and general with and with and without the drop heads.

my #1 go to tool is the proper plunger and my next go to is the general bulb auger.

a drop head is just too bulky for todays low flow toilets.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              seems like this comes up a few times a year and it's always been lopsided towards the general 6' bulb end.

i have both the ridgid and general with and with and without the drop heads.

my #1 go to tool is the proper plunger and my next go to is the general bulb auger.

a drop head is just too bulky for todays low flow toilets.

rick.
                              Good point about the plunger... this is where the Super RoPump shines.

Comment

Working...
                              X