X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• temp toilet cap

Need to pull toilet and reinstall 1-2 years down the road.

Small business needs to turn one bathroom into storage room. Have to leave building in original condition when they move.

Ground level slab on grade, cast iron, minimal foot traffic with low trip hazard.

This is gratis for me so want to keep it simple but secure. Rather not use the jack hammer.

Thanks

wookie

Re: temp toilet cap

Install a test plug, the expanding type with the wing nut on top.

Comment

the test plug/ dollar plug is fine if you don't mind the screw and wing nut sticking up. for a flush clean look, use plumbers dynamite.

3 sheets of newspaper crumbled up and a piece of tie wire to help pull out. 2'' of dynamite should hold back any sewer gas or stoppage.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks, Never used "dynamite" is that a plumbing term for a concrete plug?? I've used Cement All by Rapid-set for plugs. I've heard in the "old" days a plaster of paris plug was used for test, p of p easily broken out.

wookie

Comment

similar to plaster of paris. your supply house should carry "plumbers dynamite" it's now also labeled "non explosive" for obvious reasons

the dynamite is more water resistant for testing purposes. plus i think it hardens much faster.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
          X