Hodes Catalog

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hodes Catalog

Anybody order from the Hodes Catalog? I just recieved their catalog in the mail?

Good experience's?

Re: Hodes Catalog

We used to order from them all the time. That was when they had a saleman that show up once a month and tell us whats on specail and ask us what we needed. I still get my 17 Ga p traps from them. By far the best traps ever made.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Our Hodes guy comes by about every 3 weeks. Pretty good prices in there on some bulk materials. Watch out for the cheap quality stuff though.

Comment

I order from them. you can find a good deal on some things.

Comment

Used to order tubular from them I get their weekly email specials too, valve prices arent too bad ordered some fittings from them and some stops, been a while though havent had the need to stock anything big. good customer service though.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
            We used to order from them all the time. That was when they had a saleman that show up once a month and tell us whats on specail and ask us what we needed. I still get my 17 Ga p traps from them. By far the best traps ever made.

Bill from Hodes stopped calling on you guys too? He used to be in our shop or at least call every couple weeks.

Wolverine Brass has a salesman in the area now. I much prefer their brass tubular and valves over hodes. Decent prices on copper too. Good service.

The thing that I will give Hodes is that they have a very large inventory of repair parts.

Give em a shot Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
              Bill from Hodes stopped calling on you guys too? He used to be in our shop or at least call every couple weeks.

Wolverine Brass has a salesman in the area now. I much prefer their brass tubular and valves over hodes. Decent prices on copper too. Good service.

The thing that I will give Hodes is that they have a very large inventory of repair parts.

Give em a shot Bill
              I thought it was Buzz that came around.

I always get the 17 Gauge brass traps with the heavy brass nuts. Just like the ones my dad used to use 50 years ago *grins* You ever use their han-Tite washers? Buzz gave me a bag of them to try. Amazing washeres I tell ya.http://www.hodesco.com/default.aspx?page=item detail&itemcode=51-597
              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post

Give em a shot Bill
                Not to get off track here, but I actually liked some of the things wolverine brass has to offer, except their prices. Sexauer has some nice stuff as well, but again their prices are kind of high as well. But..I bought the best O ring kit I ever had from them, and it saved my butt some many times. Was worth the $70 or so dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                  I thought it was Buzz that came around.

I always get the 17 Gauge brass traps with the heavy brass nuts. Just like the ones my dad used to use 50 years ago *grins* You ever use their han-Tite washers? Buzz gave me a bag of them to try. Amazing washeres I tell ya.http://www.hodesco.com/default.aspx?page=item detail&itemcode=51-597
                  Bill was our guy. Not sure what happened to him. We used to get those hantite washers. Wolverine has the same ones in Orange and cheaper. We were a wolverine shop well before Hodes was in town, back when Wolverine was still in Michigan. When we moved from Berwyn to North Riverside we cleaned out the "brass room" at the old shop that must have had every part in the catalog in it. So I guess I have a bit of nostalgia for Wolverine.

I compared a new wolverine 17 gauge trap to the Hodes "Advantage Brass" trap. I like the Wolverine better honestly. Plus their

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                  Not to get off track here, but I actually liked some of the things wolverine brass has to offer, except their prices. Sexauer has some nice stuff as well, but again their prices are kind of high as pretty well. But..I bought the best O ring kit I ever had from them, and it saved my butt some many times. Was worth the $70 or so dollars.
                  I think that Wolverine's prices are very reasonable. My salesman always does good by me . I get tubular and some repair parts from them (toilet, some faucet stuff), brass fittings (which I use a LOT of), ball valves (which are very very nice) and some faucets. I haven't bought copper fittings from them in a while, but their prices used to be pretty good.

I shop around on material prices about once a month to keep my distributors honest and to keep me competitive on bids

Comment

Working...
                  X