Wow What I Didn't Know About Sulfuric Acid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wow What I Didn't Know About Sulfuric Acid

not near as bad but still a mess is a can of keytite or a can of yellow primer for 10 mil tape.

storing all spillables in a plastic container is a bonus.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by JERRYMAC View Post
      YEAH SORRY GUYS I LEARNED THAT MYSELF THE HARD WAY ABOUT 25 OR 30

YEARS AGO !
      Any other lessons you care to share before I learn the hard way on those as well?
      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

a few months ago, I started putting most of the liquids on the van in an action packer, and "anchored" it down with industrial velcro

It's worked pretty well so far.

I would be sellin squishies at the Quickie-Mart for a living if I had another major loss right now.

This was an expensive lesson to learn for you guys, hopefully future lessons will be cheaper.

Comment

Sounds to me like this stuff, aint worth stocking, & may be much cheaper to buy on as needed basis. Even if it means a trip to the supply house. No chemicals stored in my truck, not worth it. Could you imagine what this stuff would do if it was to break out of packaging, in an accident.

Comment

Guess we should keep some Sewer water balloons For Azz Clowns like this !

Comment

So sorry for Your bad luck Ron. With all your equept. and know how,
              why do you feel it necessary to carry Sulf. Acid ? I'm a green horn in this ,can You explain please ?
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                So sorry for Your bad luck Ron. With all your equept. and know how,
                why do you feel it necessary to carry Sulf. Acid ? I'm a green horn in this ,can You explain please ?
                I sell Basement WatchDog battery back up pumps. One of the nice things about their batteries, is they ship them dry. Once the acid comes in contact with the lead it starts breaking down the lead and has a shelf life of 5 years. So when we sell a unit we unseal the battery and put the acid in. This way we know the battery is fresh.

I have carried a spare battery and a box of acid on my truck for many years and never had this issue. I can only guess that with the hotter than normal days and the high humidity, it caused the bag of acid in the box to sweat, and that sweat can cause damage like it did to my poor threader.
                Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                Ron's Facebook
                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Went to my favorite sewer cleaning and plumbing tool store today. Allan J Coleman of course.

I was dropping off some stuff and talked to Kirk and Marvin. I told Marvin about my Rothenburger woe's and he cheered me up with a very good quailty Ridgid 600 for a great price. I also had Kirk hook me up with some new cutters for my Eel Model N.

Now while there Kirk took me in the back to show me a bunch of the Ridgid SeeSnake Compacts he got in. He has them in color and black and white. If I had a use for one of these units I would be all over it. I will post a pick of my new Ridgid 600 later. Man I felt like a kid in a candy store there.
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  Ron's Facebook
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
                  X