Ok over the weekend I was repairing an outside storm drain pictures and job description here http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...692#post304692 Well anyways, I went into my cabinet on my truck to get a float trowel out, as I opened this cabinet which has my old school SeeSnake CRT monitor in it, a spare Basement watchdog battery (empty they ship them dry) a box of acid which has a plastic bladder inside to fill the above battery, my Rothenberger power threader which is a lot like the Ridgid 600 Power Drive but 20 years old or so, the dies for the above threader, and my trowels.
Well here is a lesson I will never forget. The bladder that holds the sulfuric acid sweats in the high heat and humidity... This sweat is very corrosive, it formed a crystal like substance on the sunshade of my monitor, but the worse part was this sweat was dripping onto my threader, and melted the plastic around the trigger and motor assembly. I will post some pictures later today. I have carried spare batteries in the past and never seen this happen before, but in the pas it never got as hot as it has this last week. I was in this cabinet two weeks ago, there was no signs of this happening. The bag has no holes in it and still has all its acid intact, just some nasty corrosive condensation.
But I figured I share my mishap with you all so this may never happen to you. Seems like July is full of mishaps for me. Ruined a threader this week, get screwed by Priceline.com last week, and no matter how careful I was cleaning up this acid sweat I still some how got it on a good pair of jeans and my Ridgid Road Show shirt. And this month is not over yet.